* Update: Facebook 1.7 is now live on the App World client as well! *
There were some rumors floating around the forums that Facebook 1.7 would make its debut today, and it looks like they panned out to be true! The update isn't live on App World just yet, but you can download it by visiting blackberry.com/facebook or m.facebook.com on your BlackBerry's web browser. So what's new?
Facebook Mobile for BlackBerry (version 1.7) provides the following feature enhancements:
- News Feed Support - The ability to set the News Feed as the landing page
- News Feed Filters - The ability to toggle between 'News Feed, Status Updates, Photos & Links'
- Caching Improvements - The application uses the device memory more efficiently.
- Feed Pre-fetching - The user will not be required to wait while their Facebook Feeds are updated
- View Profile Menu Option - Clients may easily view their own profile by selecting 'View my Profile' from the menu. "
Don't listen to AT&T: Your phone isn't going to stop making calls
AT&T customers have been receiving warnings from the carrier saying that their phones will soon stop making calls. That's technically true, but the network change isn't coming until 2022. Here's what you need to know about the transition to VoLTE (HD Voice) on AT&T.