BlackBerry has now announced that EMS, a BlackBerry strategic channel partner, has expanded their portfolio of mobility solutions from BlackBerry. The entire suite of BlackBerry enterprise solutions will now be offered through EMS including BES12, BES12 Cloud, ESBL, BlackBerry Technical Support Services as well as BlackBerry's value added services such as VPN Authentication by BlackBerry, BBM Protected, BBM Meetings and more.
Our Strategic Channel Partner agreement with BlackBerry brings an advanced, secure product portfolio to our enterprise customers and carrier partners and we are pleased to help them simplify the way mobility is managed while improving capabilities for better communication, productivity and security, said Zoff Khan, CEO, EMS. "BlackBerry's ability to extend security across multiple platforms, including Windows Phone, iOS, Android and BlackBerry, will be of particular interest to our customers who have to meet the demands of a diverse group of users."
EMS maintains relationships with 100 mobile network operators across 63 countries in the Middle East & Africa, South East Asia, Commonwealth of Independent States and Eastern Europe, which brings a great opportunity to pair their enterprise customers and carrier partners with BlackBerry services.
EMS expands portfolio with mobility solutions from BlackBerry
Dubai, UAE – October 18, 2015 – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in secure mobile communications, today announced that EMS, a BlackBerry Strategic Channel Partner, is now offering BES®12 Cloud in addition to BES12 on-premise. BES12 Cloud is a cloud-based enterprise mobility management solution that offers easy management of iOS, Android™, Windows Phone®, BlackBerry® 10 smartphones and tablets, as well as a wide range of Samsung KNOX and Android for Work smartphones and tablets. In addition to BES12 Cloud, EMS is now also offering Enhanced SIM-Based Licensing (ESBL) by BlackBerry, BlackBerry® Technical Support Services and BlackBerry's Value Added Services through EMS' 100 MNO partnerships across 63 countries in the Middle East & Africa, South East Asia, Commonwealth of Independent States and Eastern Europe.
"Our Strategic Channel Partner agreement with BlackBerry brings an advanced, secure product portfolio to our enterprise customers and carrier partners and we are pleased to help them simplify the way mobility is managed while improving capabilities for better communication, productivity and security," said Zoff Khan, CEO, EMS. "BlackBerry's ability to extend security across multiple platforms, including Windows Phone®, iOS, Android™ and BlackBerry, will be of particular interest to our customers who have to meet the demands of a diverse group of users."
The BlackBerry enterprise solutions, products and services that EMS is now offering include:
- BES12 On-Premise: the command and control center for the secured enterprise and the core of the BlackBerry multi-OS EMM solution.
- BES12 Cloud: an easy-to-deploy solution that's flexible and scalable enough to securely meet the needs of organizations large or small — with no in-house IT required.
- Enhanced SIM-Based Licensing (ESBL) by BlackBerry: ESBL provides enterprise customers an improved purchasing experience, meaning they will receive detailed monthly billing, and the ability to consolidate all users in an organization on one monthly bill.
- BlackBerry® Technical Support Services: Industry-leading support that is included with all BES12 subscriptions and perpetual licenses. It helps businesses to evolve their EMM strategy and manage all complex and demanding requirements.
BlackBerry Value Added Services: BlackBerry through EMS offers a variety of Value Added Services and Solutions including:
- BlackBerry Virtual SIM Services: Powered by the Virtual SIM Platform by BlackBerry, BlackBerry Virtual SIM Services are part of BlackBerry's broad portfolio of multi-OS enterprise solutions and hosted on the trusted BlackBerry secure network. The two services include WorkLife™ by BlackBerry®, designed for enterprises, and ManyMe® by BlackBerry®, targeted to consumers.
- Enterprise Identity by BlackBerry®: Provide organizations a simple way to manage cloud-based services with a single point of entitlement, control and audit for all cloud services, including Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and internal applications. It will also make it easy for employees to access all their enterprise cloud applications by allowing them to use just one set of familiar network credentials.
- VPN Authentication by BlackBerry®: Allow employees to use their iOS, Android™ or BlackBerry® smartphone for two factor authentication, which means no user passwords or PINs. This eliminates the need for the issuance, management and use of costly and inconvenient hardware tokens, helping minimize overall expenses and improve employee productivity.
- BBM™ Meetings: Provides a multi-OS, mobile-first voice and conferencing solution which delivers a mobile collaboration experience that enhances the productivity of mobile professionals, while reducing the operating cost for the enterprise.
- BlackBerry® Blend for Enterprise: Makes it possible for employees to conveniently and securely access personal and work data from their BlackBerry smartphone on any device. BlackBerry Blend revolutionizes IT administration by shifting from managing devices to managing information movement.
- BBM® Protected: BBM Protected offers an enhanced security model for BBM messages sent between Android, iPhone, and BlackBerry smartphones that protects corporate data in-transit by adding an additional layer of encryption to BBM.
- Watchdox by BlackBerry: Applies security and advanced digital rights management (DRM) to documents going from preferred enterprise content repositories to multiple destinations within and outside an organization, including web, desktop and mobile.
"We are very excited to expand our long standing partnership with EMS," said Carl Wiese, President Global Sales at BlackBerry. "We are passionate about designing and developing enterprise solutions that drive productivity, secure communications and collaboration for our customers. Together with EMS we can add a great deal of value to our joint customers and help them stay secure and on top of today's mobility challenges."
BES12, BES12 Cloud, ESBL, BlackBerry Technical Support Services and BlackBerry's Value Added Services are now available through EMS.
To learn more about BES12, please visit www.BlackBerry.com/BES12
BlackBerry is securing a connected world, delivering innovative solutions across the entire mobile ecosystem and beyond. We secure the world's most sensitive data across all end points – from cars to smartphones – making the mobile-first enterprise vision a reality. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The Company trades under the ticker symbols "BB" on the Toronto Stock Exchange and "BBRY" on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit www.BlackBerry.com.