As folks around the world are saying goodbye to 2017 and ushering in 2018, on behalf of us all here at CrackBerry, I just want to say Happy New Year! We hope that you all have a happy, healthy and prosperous 2018. If you're taking part in any festivities, be sure to keep it safe!
As the new year always calls for a bit of reflection, I have to say 2017 was a bit of a wild year here at CrackBerry. I won't take up too much of your time with a huge list of the most read articles, but I just wanted to share some personal highlights from 2017.
- TCL introduced the QWERTY Android-powered BlackBerry 'Mercury' at CES 2017
- TCL drops video teaser of upcoming BlackBerry 'Mercury' ahead of CES 2017!
- CrackBerry Kevin came out of retirement to celebrate Ten Years of CrackBerry and the launch of the BlackBerry KEYone
- Even BlackBerry CEO John Chen celebrated the achievement with us and gave us some additional recognition.
- We kicked off our CB Meetups in Barcelona, which ended up with us taking the show on the road across Europe, Canada, and the United States! Should we do more in 2018? Let me know in the comments!
- We brought my friend and brother in BlackBerry love James Nieves onboard, only to see him break my heart and go work for BlackBerry Mobile. It was a fun three minutes!
- To help with all things BlackBerry, we also brought back Adam Zeis. Love you, Adam, you made this year better!
- We gave away a TON of BlackBerry smartphones to fans and readers! Being able to give back is something we take a lot of pride in
- BlackBerry Mobile introduced the BlackBerry Motion
- BlackBerry broke their silence on future BlackBerry 10 support
As I mentioned, this is not an exhaustive list of things that happened in 2017; it's just my personal highlights of the year. I fully invite you all to comment on your favorite event, news, or article in the comments. Taking everything into account, I have to say the CrackBerry Meetups were the best thing to happen in 2017.
In addition to celebrating the 10 Years of CrackBerry, I also celebrated my 10 years at CrackBerry. I've been here helping out, posting articles and interacting with you all for 10 years now and to finally get the chance to meet a lot of you was a personally rewarding experience, and with any luck, I'll get to meet more of you all in 2018.
I think that's enough for now, I didn't want to turn this into a huge post, but again, we hope that you all have a happy, healthy and prosperous 2018. To say goodbye to 2017, I've dropped a pretty awesome slideshow video from our meetups for you all to check out. Hit play, check it out and to be super clichè, I'll see you all in 2018!