At my house, Band Hero sits without being played; sometimes for weeks on end. Don’t get me wrong, I find it fun and addictive; I just don’t keep it hooked up all of the time. If I want to be entertained, I want to be entertained now! I don’t want to have to spend time setting everything up first. BlackBerry users had the chance to play with Guitar Hero in the past, but now we have a chance to switch from “1, 2 – 1, 2, 3, 4!” and focus more on the ones and twos with DJ Hero Mobile.
In a similar style to Guitar Hero, DJ Hero Mobile focuses on timing and skill. Step up to the turntable and try to keep the beat while you scratch and cross-fade. As the product description says: “the more beats you successfully rock, the more mixes you unlock!”
- 13 full-length, original mixes of tracks by artists including: The Jackson 5 and Third Eye Blind, Marvin Gaye and David Bowie, and Weezer and Dilated Peoples.
- 8 unlockable mixes (5 available to play from the start, 8 more to be unlocked)
- 22 achievements including ""Scratchaphobia"" and ""Full Set"" (completing all the game's mixes at any difficulty setting)
- Choose a DJ with unique and expressive animations and perform in 3 different venues
- Controls faithfully re-create the console experience to include streams, scratches, cross-fades and EUPHORIA.
Just a word of caution: if you let the beat drop, don’t let your BlackBerry drop. It kind of, you know, voids the warranty. DJ Hero Mobile is available for $6.99 at BlackBerry App World. You know what? I think I might pull out Band Hero after all. Who wants to come over and jam?
- Pick up DJ Hero Mobile for BlackBerry Smartphones >>