When it comes to waking up for work, I am not a morning person. I usually have to set two alarms each day and that is after hitting the snooze buttons countless times. Now while our phone does come with an alarm clock function and the ability to set multiple alarms, there is no harm in utilizing other applications that offer more functionality. One that fits this description is Nightly Clock which I previously shared with you in the BlackBerry App Roundup.
Nightly Clock is a customizable night time clock that presents users with 9 clock colors, three font sizes, music player controls, camera light notifications, and the option to show your own message when the alarm goes off on the device's LED. One of the features that I take advantage of is the Interval Alarm option. When this is enabled, users can set the interval timeout, how many times to sound, and the time between sounding.
Since it's initial release the developer has made a few enhancements and improvements, which are shown below.
New features in version 1.41
- Added Alarm Dialog when Application is minimized but not in Active View (In another Application/Not Open Apps View)
- Added Date Format Option for overseas users
- Added 12/24 hour Clock Toggle
- Application Goes into Power Saving Mode if Devices Bedside Mode is activated
- Fixed Toggle not bouncing back when "Alarm Time is not set" Message is fired
- Added Option to use Now Playing Music's Album Art as Wallpaper
- Added Toggle for Flashing Notification LED when Alarm is triggered
- Action Bar Added to Settings
- Application will rotate to both Landscape Orientations like it used to in older versions
Changelog for version 1.42
- Clock layout fixes when using smaller font and 12 hour mode
In addition to these new features, the developer is also giving away 1,500 copies for free. All you have to do is follow the directions laid out below to redeem the promotion code.
- Launch BlackBerry World
- Swipe down from the top and tap on Redeem
- Enter this promo code NIGHTLYCLOCK104
- Tap on the green FREE button to download
PS: There is known bug when redeeming codes on BlackBerry 10.3.2, if it shows expired for you, well that's why.
Learn More / Purchase Nightly Clock