Over the years we have seen various wallpaper rotating applications dating back to the good old BBOS days. Being able to customize your display not only enhanced the look and feel of your device, but allowed individuals to personalize their handsets to suit their specific tastes. Toysoft Development is no stranger to this and, over the years, developed several tools by which users could create their own unique custom layouts. Their latest is Visual Arts and it is not your average wallpaper changer. It adds an important element and that is using weather condition changes as the trigger. This particular component, combined with several other features, sets it apart from others of its kind.
Visual Arts interacts with outside weather conditions. Rather than establishing a schedule by which homescreen and lockscreen wallpapers rotate, users can set the background on their screen to change based on a particular weather condition. Essentially, this means one could go through the list of over thirty different weather conditions, and for each one, assign a background for both the homescreen and lockscreen. For example, one could activate a specific wallpaper when it's cloudy or even when there is a severe thunderstorm.
One feature that stands out is the layout. You see, Visual Arts not only gives users the option to rotate wallpapers, but also shows the weather condition and your current location on the display. The layout screen is where users can reposition the weather icon and the text anywhere on the screen, change the color and font of the text, and even adjust the size of the weather icon. The image at the top is how the layout feature appears on your screen.
Visual Arts goes one step further and lets you download additional weather icons. By swiping down from the top and tapping on themes you can download additional icon packs, similar to BeWeather.
How does Visual Arts accomplish all of this? The interface is extremely easy and broken down into five different parts.
- General Setup - is where users can set the global homescreen and lockscreen wallpapers (when a weather condition is left blank), set the weather icon theme and measurement (imperial or metric), and choose whether or not to show a battery meter and date on the display
- Wallpaper Setup - is where the layout, icons, and wallpapers can be adjusted for each weather condition
- Weather Setup - control how often the application checks the weather and location. (i.e. every 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, or 30 minutes)
- Calendar Setup - in addition to using weather as a trigger, it also links with your calendar. For instance, if you have an important birthday or meeting to remember, you can set a new wallpaper to activate when that event occurs. You can even have it set to change the wallpaper on a daily basis
- Create Invisible Icons – users can add invisible icons on the homescreen
If this wasn't enough, Toysoft is generously offering 100 copies of Visuals Arts to our readers.
- Launch BlackBerry World
- Swipe down from the top and tap on Redeem
- Enter this promo code VISARTS
- Tap on the green FREE button to download
Visual Arts is $1.99 in BlackBerry World for OS 10.3 and higher and offers a convenient way to customize your display and view the weather all by changing your wallpaper.