We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Calling all non chefs out there. If you've been nervous about spending time near an oven or get home so late you think you can't whip up a good meal, then you want to check out Cooklet for the BlackBerry PlayBook by Cooklet Sp. It's a great application that links you to food lovers from around the world to exchange recipies or to help improve your skills. There's my favorite, the Quick Pick option, that lets you pick the meal type and prepare time, and voila, it brings up all the recipes they have on file that match.
Cooklet comes with an integrated search feature by food type, a built-in shopping list and an amazing interface that lets you flow through recipes with ease. Being in the kitchen was never my domain, I usually eat sandwiches or boil water after a long day at work, but Cooklet is slowly making me not want to reach for my faithful take out menu.
- Interactive cookbooks library
- Variety of ways for recipes discovery (QuickPick, Inspirations, Search)
- Useful culinary tools (Timer, Measures Converter, Shopping List)
- Vibrant, international community
- Favourite recipes, Cookbooks and Shopping List are synchronisable and available on all the elements of the platform (Cooklet.com, Cooklet.mobi, Cooklet App)
Cooklet is available for free at BlackBerry App World and registration is free if you want to upload your culinary concoctions. A WiFi connection is required to view the recipes. So if you're a newbie like me or a cooking whiz this app gives you everything at your fingertips to create the perfect meal.
More information/purchase Cooklet for the BlackBerry PlayBook