If you’ve been around CrackBerry since the launch of PlayBook OS 2.0 then you’ve probably heard a few complaints about the amount of time it takes for the native PIM apps to open on the PlayBook. While we wait for Research In Motion to release an update that will speed up the launching of apps, a developer has gone ahead and made an app to help those of you that just can't stand waiting.
The app is called Compose Email and has been developed by Willw.net. Now I must stress that this isn’t an email application. What Compose Email does is allow you to compose your emails in the app and then it will transfer the email into the native application, but in a fraction of the time that it would take for the native email app to open.
- Compose email in Portrait or Landscape
- Integration with the native Messages App
- Automatic copy-to-clipboard
- Copy & Paste
- Launches faster than Messages
- Matches style of the 2.0 Messages, Contacts, and Calendar apps