CogniCard understands that business cards are great to have, but entering the information into your BlackBerrys address book can be time consuming. Some BlackBerry users have a block of time set aside to sit down and enter cards in one at a time. Sounds like a fun filled afternoon, right? I didn’t think so either. CogniCard is a business card scanner, with a bit of a twist. Some scanners cannot decipher all of the information correctly, especially if you are using a BlackBerry with a 2MP camera or lower. The result is pure gibberish.
With CogniCard, you can either snap and send an image as usual, or upload an image directly to their site. You can now sit back, relax and let CogniCard do the rest of the work. Between Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology and good old human attention to detail, the details found on a business card are easily captured and recorded. The information is then emailed back to you in a VCF file, which is easily imported into your address book. CogniCard does stress that any information that they process is secure and won’t be used by anyone else. Benefits and pricing after the jump.
I had the opportunity to check out CogniCard while it was in beta and was impressed with its performance. The CogniCard application is free, but the card capturing service is not. You are given 10 credits to try out the service for free. Each credit is worth one business card. If you choose to continue with CogniCard, the prices are as follows:
- Networker package - $25 for 150 credits
- Business package - $10 for 50 credits
- Solo package - $5 for 20 credits
The pricing may be a bit expensive, but at least you can try it for free to see if the ROI is worth it. From the product description, the features include:
- Upload through multiple channels (BlackBerry, Webcam, File Upload)
- Convenient management of your business cards and safe backup of all your data
- Cost-efficient because you only pay what you need instead of spending several hundred dollars on a hardware device.
- If you are looking for time efficient way to digitize your business cards then CogniCard might be the right product for you.
- The best is if you try CogniCard with the free trial and see how convenient it is to use this approach instead of manually capturing the information.
- You can pick up the CogniCard application for free at the CrackBerry App Store >>