Our friends over at Android Central got their hands on all the details of the upcoming changes to Verizon Wireless data plans this morning. If you're still a little confused about what the changes are and how they will affect you, hopefully this will give you the answers you're looking for. It looks like what it boils down to is if you're currently enjoying unlimited data for $29.99/month with your 3G or 4G LTE smartphone, you can continue to do so. If you aren't, you either have two weeks to make that switch, or miss out on it forever. We'll list the main changes for you below, and you can hit up Android Central for an in-depth look at the materials they received.
- $30 for 2GB with $10/GB overage
- $50 for 5GB (this also includes business e-mail at no additional charge) with $10/GB overage
- $80 for 10GB (this also includes business e-mail at no additional charge) with $10/GB overage
- Mobile hotspot access will cost $20 a month for 2GB of data
- EXISTING CUSTOMERS- That have our $29.99 unlimited data plan WILL BE GRANDFATHERED IN, they will keep their unlimited plan after 7/7/11
- EXISTING CUSTOMERS- That current have the unlimited data WILL BE ABLE TO UPGRADE AND KEEP the unlimited data feature (No known end date on this as of this moment)
- EXISTING CUSTOMERS- That add lines post 7/7/2011, will NOT be able to choose the $29.99 unlimited data feature
- NEW CUSTOMERS- Any customer that sets up service from now, until 7/7/2011 WILL BE ON, AND WILL BE GRANDFATHERED into our $29.99 unlimited data package
- NEW CUSTOMERS- Any new customer that set up service AFTER 7/7/2011, WILL NOT be able to choose the $29.99 unlimited plan
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.