If you're looking for a game just like Flappy Bird and more, check out BLOB. BLOB offers 8 different types of game play. You can even think of it like 8 games in 1. All games a very challenging but as we know with these games, that can often make them quite addictive. In each game you collect gems. Gems let you unlock other different colored BLOBs to use. The default BLOB color is green. Other BLOB colos are red, blue, yellow, even some with a headband.
8 games in 1
- Game One - The gameplay on this one is just like Flappy Bird. Guide BLOB through the gaps between the poles to collect the gems. You do this by tapping the screen. It's just as challenging as Flappy Bird.
- Game Two - This game requires you to tilt you device to guide BLOB through the gaps between the poles but this time you drop through them vertically. I find this one the hardest play as I tend to over tilt - quite a bit - and so I don't get very far.
- Game Three - This game has gems popping up from the bottom of the screen, coupled with bombs. You have to collect the gems by swiping them while avoiding the bombs. It has a Fruit Ninja feel to it.
- Game Four - Here, you're on the ground and either a gem or a pie will come at you. Collect the gems but avoid the pies by jumping over them. Tap the screen to jump.
- Game Five - This game is just like the game Drop where you guide BLOB through the gaps once again, this time by tapping on the right or the left. The screen scrolls as you do this so you have to be sure not to get left behind.
- Game Six - In this game you just have to collect the gems by tapping the screen to control BLOB. But there are obstacles in the form of arrows, that you must avoid, obviously.
- Game Seven - Objects drop from the sky - pies, arrows and bombs - there will be gems in there too. You have to collect the gems, guiding BLOB by tapping on the left or right side of the screen.
- Game Eight - BLOB sits in the middle of the screen. Objects come in from either side of the screen. Collect the gems but destroy all other objects by dropping bombs on them. You drop the bombs by tapping the grey area at the top of the screen. You have to get the timing right with this game, otherwise BLOB goes poof.
The developer is giving away 7000 copies of the game, though this is split between two codes. One code offers 5000 free copies, with another code holding 2000 free copies. Follow instructions below to grab yourself a free copy. One thing to note is that this game is only available for full touchscreen devices -- Z10, Z30 and Z3. Unfortunately, it doesn't include the Porsche Design P'9982.
- Open up BlackBerry World
- Swipe down from the top Redeem
- Enter promo code: BLOBJH2015 or BLOBJMH5000
- Tap the FREE green icon to downloada free copy
If you are unable to get yourself a copy, you can still purchase it from BlackBerry World for $0.99. There is a free copy available, though this has ads.