If you're a BlackBerry PlayBook and Twitter user, chances are you've downloaded a twitter client for your tablet also there's a possibility that it's Blaq. For those who don't have a Twitter App yet, you'll want to pay extra attention because while there is no native client, we have the next best thing. Jerome Carty from Kisai Labs has been on a roll lately and pumping out updates to his Twitter client called Blaq. Now if you've been around CrackBerry since the launch of Blaq you'll know that almost all of us, if not all of us use it on our PlayBooks, and it's pretty sweet. The latest update just keeps adding to the apps feature set and functionality.
1.8.1 What’s new?
- Threaded direct messages – See messages in the convo format you’re used to
- Muting - Mute users, clients (e.g. GetGlue, twitterfeed) and hashtags
- Tweet from multiple accounts at once – tap the avatar next to the compose area to select accounts to tweet from Go to user (Swipe down, blue dude)
- Adjustable font size for tweet compose Portrait list view
- Portrait search view
- Shows if the user is following current user on the tweet card
- Hashtags are automatically appended to replies
- Tweet card hides compose after tweet is sent
- “Tweet from @user” when copying tweet
- Change the location of trending topics
If you're a Blaq user the update should already be available for download, and those who aren't using Blaq can grab the link below to be taken to App World where it can purchased and downloaded it for $1.99.
Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE and prize package from CrackBerry!
New year, new giveaway! Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE!
Save $150 on the BlackBerry KEY2 from GoTalk
For a limited time, GoTalk has knocked $150 off the regular price of the KEY2 in Silver or Black when you use coupon code KEY2XMAS at checkout.
Twitter announces new controls for conversations, available globally now
Twitter has announced that it is changing the way conversations work on Twitter, bringing more control to users so as to make Twitter safer and more comfortable.