The popular Twitter client Blaq for the BlackBerry PlayBook has been updated to version 1.6. This release includes some new features as well as bug fixes. Blaq has been the top Twitter client for the PlayBook for quite some time now, so if you haven't checked it out yet you should certainly do so. Updates include:
- Read saved searches - You asked for it and it's here!
- Supports Bit.ly, Img.ly, Yfrog and Twitter photo
- Klout score on tweet card (configurable)
- View your own profile
- Maximized WebView notifications - Native notifications prompt even when you're viewing websites within Blaq.
- Cannot insert mention between text when composing a tweet
- Mentions and DMs are not sorted
- Direct message notifications would not show
- Trending topics don't load
- Some tweet links were untappable or broken
- More stable real-time streaming
- Tweet Card some times does not display (potential)
- Search results scroll performance improved
- When an image upload fails, tweet is still sent
- Minor internal issues
Blaq for the BlackBerry PlayBook is available in BlackBerry App World for $1.99. Check out our full review here.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE and prize package from CrackBerry!
New year, new giveaway! Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE!
Save $150 on the BlackBerry KEY2 from GoTalk
For a limited time, GoTalk has knocked $150 off the regular price of the KEY2 in Silver or Black when you use coupon code KEY2XMAS at checkout.
Twitter announces new controls for conversations, available globally now
Twitter has announced that it is changing the way conversations work on Twitter, bringing more control to users so as to make Twitter safer and more comfortable.