The popular Twitter client Blaq for the BlackBerry PlayBook has been updated to version 1.6. This release includes some new features as well as bug fixes. Blaq has been the top Twitter client for the PlayBook for quite some time now, so if you haven't checked it out yet you should certainly do so. Updates include:
- Read saved searches - You asked for it and it's here!
- Supports Bit.ly, Img.ly, Yfrog and Twitter photo
- Klout score on tweet card (configurable)
- View your own profile
- Maximized WebView notifications - Native notifications prompt even when you're viewing websites within Blaq.
- Cannot insert mention between text when composing a tweet
- Mentions and DMs are not sorted
- Direct message notifications would not show
- Trending topics don't load
- Some tweet links were untappable or broken
- More stable real-time streaming
- Tweet Card some times does not display (potential)
- Search results scroll performance improved
- When an image upload fails, tweet is still sent
- Minor internal issues
Blaq for the BlackBerry PlayBook is available in BlackBerry App World for $1.99. Check out our full review here.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Don't listen to AT&T: Your phone isn't going to stop making calls
AT&T customers have been receiving warnings from the carrier saying that their phones will soon stop making calls. That's technically true, but the network change isn't coming until 2022. Here's what you need to know about the transition to VoLTE (HD Voice) on AT&T.