BlackBerry Traffic has spent a bit of time being overhauled and we had a few updates in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. Today RIM has officially released the latest version in BlackBerry App World. The new version includes and updated UI as well as maneuver guidance, essentially giving you turn-by-turn directions from within the app. New features include:
- Complete UI revamp – You asked for it, you got it. BlackBerry Traffic 2.0 features new icons, color scheme, 6.0-style theme, and more!
- Route selection screen - You told us you want more routes to choose from, so we took action. There are now two route choices (including ETA and trip distance info for each) available to you as soon as you select a destination.
- Future traffic view - A new future traffic view can be accessed by selecting the current time on the route selection screen, or by flipping through the different views when a route is selected. This view can be used to determine the best departure time based on predicted traffic conditions.
- Next maneuver drive view - The simple view has been revised to display the next maneuver with corresponding turn icon in a large, easily viewable font.
- Search history - Frequent search terms are now available from a drop down on the search screen.
While it doesn't necessarily beat out full out GPS apps like VZ Nav or Telenav, it does get the job done and you can't beat the price. If you haven't tried it yet or you still have an older version, head to BlackBerry App World to grab the latest version.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.