BlackBerry Traffic has spent a bit of time being overhauled and we had a few updates in the BlackBerry Beta Zone. Today RIM has officially released the latest version in BlackBerry App World. The new version includes and updated UI as well as maneuver guidance, essentially giving you turn-by-turn directions from within the app. New features include:
- Complete UI revamp – You asked for it, you got it. BlackBerry Traffic 2.0 features new icons, color scheme, 6.0-style theme, and more!
- Route selection screen - You told us you want more routes to choose from, so we took action. There are now two route choices (including ETA and trip distance info for each) available to you as soon as you select a destination.
- Future traffic view - A new future traffic view can be accessed by selecting the current time on the route selection screen, or by flipping through the different views when a route is selected. This view can be used to determine the best departure time based on predicted traffic conditions.
- Next maneuver drive view - The simple view has been revised to display the next maneuver with corresponding turn icon in a large, easily viewable font.
- Search history - Frequent search terms are now available from a drop down on the search screen.
While it doesn't necessarily beat out full out GPS apps like VZ Nav or Telenav, it does get the job done and you can't beat the price. If you haven't tried it yet or you still have an older version, head to BlackBerry App World to grab the latest version.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE and prize package from CrackBerry!
New year, new giveaway! Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE!
Save $150 on the BlackBerry KEY2 from GoTalk
For a limited time, GoTalk has knocked $150 off the regular price of the KEY2 in Silver or Black when you use coupon code KEY2XMAS at checkout.
Twitter announces new controls for conversations, available globally now
Twitter has announced that it is changing the way conversations work on Twitter, bringing more control to users so as to make Twitter safer and more comfortable.