BlackBerry Partners Fund Announces BlackBerry Developer Challenge "Adobe Flash/AIR" Winners
Award recognizes Best Adobe AIR Apps for the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
TORONTO - October 3, 2011 - BlackBerry Partners Fund™ today announced the winners of the "Adobe Flash/AIR" competition in the fourth annual BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge. Winners of the best Adobe® AIR® app built with Adobe® Flash® technology for the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet were selected on a regional basis. Apps were judged based on quality and use of development best practices, level of visual appeal, user experience, and creativity and innovation.
- Grand Prize Winner: Papa's Burgeria (Vendor: Flipline IDS LLC)
- First Runners-up: News Catcher (Vendor: XIMAD Inc)
- Second Runners-up: iSpeech Translator (Vendor: iSpeech.org)
- Grand Prize Winner: PaginasAmarillas (Vendor: Carvajal)
- First Runners-up: El Financiero para BlackBerry PlayBook (Vendor: Ironbit SA de CV)
- Second Runners-up: Bubbler! (Vendor: Juan Ignacio Albanesi)
Europe, Middle East, Africa:
- Grand Prize Winner: n-tv Nachrichten PlayBook (Vendor: LINEAS Informationstechnik GmbH)
- First Runners-up: Doodle Blast (Vendor: FlexibleAIR)
- Second Runners-up: SVIT - Ebook Reader with EPUB Support (Vendor: Pronic, Meselina Ponikvar Verhovsek s.p.)
- Grand Prize Winner: Love Indonesia for BlackBerry PlayBook (Vendor: Love Indonesia)
- First Runners-up: StockPulse - Stock and Equity Tracker for BlackBerry PlayBook (Vendor: XLabz Technologies Pvt Ltd)
- Second Runners-up: Abcday (Vendor: Vostrix)
AIR, a superset of Flash Player, enables developers to leverage existing code to create and deliver standalone applications across devices and platforms. Thousands of applications built with Flash technology have already been created and made available on BlackBerry App World™.
DevCon and Prizes
Winners of each of the three competitions taking place in the 2011 BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge will be recognized at the 2011 BlackBerry Developer Conference (DevCon), October 18 - 20 in San Francisco.
Winners of the most addictive social app using the BBM Social Platform will be revealed on October 18, 2011.
Winners of the Most Innovative BlackBerry® WebWorks™ App for the BlackBerry PlayBook™ tablet and BlackBerry® smartphones were announced on September 21, 2011. The list of WebWorks winners can be found at http://www.blackberrypartnersfund.com/winners2011/webworks.
This year's prizes for all three competitions are valued at $3 million, almost double the value of prizes awarded last year. Prizes and awards include placement on the BlackBerry App World featured carousel for BlackBerry smartphones and the BlackBerry PlayBook, membership in the BlackBerry® Alliance Program, BlackBerry accessory gift certificates and more. More information on the BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge - including complete rules, guidelines, competitions, awards and prize packages - is available at www.blackberrypartnersfund.com/challenge.
About BlackBerry Partners Fund
BlackBerry Partners Fund is the leading independent venture capital firm focused exclusively on mobile computing. In collaboration with Research In Motion, along with Thomson Reuters and RBC, the global fund brings capital, resources and unparalleled domain expertise to the partnerships it forms with exceptional entrepreneurs around the world who are shaping the future of the mobile eco-system. The Fund has an investment footprint throughout North America, the United Kingdom and Israel. For more information, visit www.blackberrypartnersfund.com.
The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.