BlackBerry Master Control Program is one of those applications that is a must have for any advanced BlackBerry user. Be it to create back up files, take screenshots or even create .cod and .alx files, it's a great application to have at hand should you ever need it. The latest version has been released putting it at version 0.9.2 Beta 10 and this time around the list of changes has seen some exponential growth. Read on to get a look at the change log.
- MCP gets a major facelift! Brand new graphics for the navigation panel and installers! – Thanks Shane!!!
- Save Modules now allows user to create ALX/JAD for saved modules
- Added Backup & Restore for third party applications (2 clicks)
- Added ALX/JAD Builder with drag & drop window for building the module list
- System tray icon right click context menu updated
- By default MCP minimizes to taskbar now, not the system tray (clean installs only)
- Left side navigation panel reduced number of icons dramatically (it was too cluttered)
- Auto PIN checking is now at 3 seconds (clean install)
- OS Management: Added "Delete JVM" checkbox (if checked Application Loader will start with the /nojvm parameter which will destroy JVM on the device)
- OS Management: Added "Full Wipe" checkbox (if checked Java Loader will "Wipe" the device destroying any existing IT Policies prior to the OS installation)
- Navigation: Load/Erase/Save Modules used to be "hidden" under the "Java Loader" page, they are now in the main navigation area
- MCP Engine updated to Java Loader 5.0.0 Beta 4
That is a great list of additions to an already awesome application. Be sure to download the latest if you have a previous version installed.
Don't listen to AT&T: Your phone isn't going to stop making calls
AT&T customers have been receiving warnings from the carrier saying that their phones will soon stop making calls. That's technically true, but the network change isn't coming until 2022. Here's what you need to know about the transition to VoLTE (HD Voice) on AT&T.