The newly released BlackBerry KEYone is making its way into eager hands in the UK and already we've seen a ton of great feedback in the CrackBerry forums. Both new and veteran BlackBerry users are weighing in on what makes the KEYone awesome, as well as what they'd like to see changed.
The fun part about the KEYone is that a lot of users will be switching over from a lot of different devices. There will be BlackBerry users upgrading from the Priv, Passport and Classic (among others), Android users switching over from any number of devices, and even die-hard iPhone users making the jump. It will be interesting to see what people think as the KEYone hits more hands, but already I'm super psyched on the feedback it's getting after barely a week on sale to the public.
As is becomes available in more markets across the globe we'll start to see more a ton more feedback from users, but until then, let's dive in and see what some early adopters already have to say about the BlackBerry KEYone.
What KEYone Owners Are Saying
Forums user Vegano was one of the first to get hold of a new KEYone, making the jump from a BlackBerry Classic. Outlining plenty of pros and cons, Vegano is a big fan of how fast the hardware is and that the KEYone is an extremely efficient device — but also noting that the keyboard will take some getting used to for those not accustomed to the scrolling features.
Baerli Baer is actually a first time BlackBerry user, going all-in with the KEYone. Plenty of points are touched upon by Baerli Baer, noting mostly how beautiful the device itself is, on top of how "snappy" everything is while getting an incredible 9 hours (!!!) of screen-on time.
Another fan of the KEYone is paolo73. Making the upgrade from the Priv, paolo73 touts the battery life along with the build quality, going far enough to say that the phone is "far more beautiful in real life than in photos" and has exceptional build quality.
It seems like aesthetics are a running theme when it comes to the KEYone — as they should be. Nahadoth loves the form and function of the KEYone, moving on from a tried & true BlackBerry Passport. I'm sure that getting over an old device is something that we'll all have to deal with when moving to the KEYone (or maybe not for some of you) but it will most definitely be worth the switch.
Trying to bring some peace of mind to those who are still waiting, E_J_Walker made a CrackBerry promise to those that will soon find themselves with a new KEYone. Waiting sucks — there's no way around it — but hopefully knowing it will all pay off shortly will help ease the anxiety for the next few weeks.
While many (including yours truly) are still anxiously waiting to get their hands on a BlackBerry KEYone, it's still great to see such positive reviews already coming from the CrackBerry community. One of the great things about the CrackBerry community is that everyone is eager to spread the love, so if you have any questions for newly minted KEYone owners, be sure to swing by the forums and get your fix. For everyone that has yet to get a KEYone — hang in there!
Unlock your productivity with the Android-powered BlackBerry KEYone!
- View all of our BlackBerry KEYone Help and How-To Guides
- Join our BlackBerry KEYone forums
- Learn more about the BlackBerry KEYone
- Where to buy the BlackBerry KEYone
- How to get the most out of Hub on the BlackBerry KEYone
- These BlackBerry KEYone launcher tweaks will amp up your productivity
- Five great Android Nougat features on the BlackBerry KEYone
- Five hidden BlackBerry KEYone features you might not know
- Getting started with photos and videos on the BlackBerry KEYone
- Top BlackBerry KEYone keyboard tricks that will change your life
DISTINCTLY DIFFERENT, DISTINCTLY BLACKBERRY
BlackBerry KEYone pairs the best of BlackBerry’s software and security with TCL Communication’s commitment to delivering high-quality, reliable smartphones to customers around the world.
Beyond the iconic BlackBerry design that’s been curated for the modern user, the BlackBerry KEYone comes with a number of additional features that truly reinvents communications for the professional consumer.
- Built to last – An iconic BlackBerry smartphone made reliable for the demanding user, the BlackBerry KEYone combines a sleek aluminum frame and soft grip textured back built to offer the best in durability.
- Runs Android™ 7.1 Nougat – Giving users access to the entire Google Play store and apps - and will receive Google™ security patch updates.
- The keyboard reimagined – Forget what you knew about keyboards, the BlackBerry Smart Keyboard goes beyond typing. It can be easily programmed to launch up to 52 customizable shortcuts, providing even greater ease of use. And use it to scroll through web pages, the picture gallery or to take a picture.
- Loaded with BlackBerry® Hub® – Bringing all your messages into one consolidated place; including emails, texts and messages from any social media account.
- Unrivaled security features – The BlackBerry KEYone is designed to offer the most secure Android smartphone experience possible.
- Long battery life – Featuring the largest battery ever found in a BlackBerry smartphone, the BlackBerry KEYone offers roughly 26 hours of mixed use, thanks to its 3505mAh battery.
- Impressive photo quality – The BlackBerry KEYone includes a 12MP rear camera with an industry leading camera sensor that captures sharp, crisp photos in any light. And for when you have to take a video conference on the go, it includes an 8MP front camera with fixed focus and 84-degree wide angle lens.
- 4.5-inch IPS LCD display
- 1620x1080 resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor
- 8x 2.0Ghz Cortex A53 cores
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage
- microSD card slot
- 12MP ƒ/20 PDAF rear camera
- Dual-tone LED flash
- 8MP ƒ/2.2 front camera
- 3505 mAh battery
- USB-C, Quick Charge 3.0 + boost charging
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- DTEK security suite
- FIPS 140-2 full disk encryption