Some users of unlocked devices in the US are also now getting the update. AT&T KEYone's have now also had the update pushed to them. You may have to check several times to initiate the process.
After a reasonably short beta testing period that kicked off in July, BlackBerry KEYone owners in Canada have now started receiving the official Android Oreo 8.1 update today. Devices purchased through carriers and factory unlocked should now be able to pull down the update.
How to update software on the BlackBerry KEYone
- From the homescreen, tap the launcher icon to enter the application grid.
- Under the Apps section scroll down to the Updates application.
- Tap Updates app to view current Build Number
- Manually check for updates by tapping Check for updates now text.
- Your device will prompt you with new updates or display your System is up to date
To update your operating system you'll need to be connected to WiFi - this is to avoid using excess mobile data.
Plenty of folks in the forums have already got update downloaded and installed, which started to roll out at 9AM ET, so go ahead and check your device. Keep in mind, some carriers roll updates out in batches, so you'll just have to keep checking, Be sure to drop a comment and let us know if you're seeing it. Now, we'll have to wait and see how long it takes to roll out to other areas.