The BlackBerry KEYone is built from the ground-up for getting things done. Dig into some of these tips on how to make the most out of the smart software customizations of the BlackBerry KEYone.
The BlackBerry Hub
The beating heart of BlackBerry is the Hub. This is where notifications from a wide range of apps and services can all come to be managed at one place. Custom notifications can be set to fire under specific circumstances, like when the boss shoots you an e-mail. Views can be filtered so you're only looking a single e-mail account, or if you only want to see unread messages. There's a lot to the BlackBerry Hub, so read up!
The Productivity Tab
Thanks to the Productivity Tab, you can get all of your most important information at a glance from any screen. Just swipe inwards from the edge of the screen next to the slim indicator, and you can see your latest messages, upcoming meetings, your to-do list, and favorite contacts. You have complete control over positioning, so you can put it to either side, or make the tab target bigger or smaller.
You can dive right into action with shortcuts built into notifications. This way you can answer a text message without having to dive into the Messages app first, or immediately share a screenshot after taking it.
Every icon on the home screen with three dots below it can offer a preview without having to open the app. With a simple swipe up or down, you can see a standard Android widget pop up temporarily. This lets you dig into core functions easily without having to clutter your home screen with widgets. You can read more about pop-up widgets over here.
Being able to interact with apps by way of widgets is handy, but for your most common tasks, this can still involve a lot of repetition. The BlackBerry KEYone offers another class of home screen items called Shortcuts. These dig into an extra level of function for many apps. Instead of just a miniaturized view of your calendar, for example, a Shortcut can immediately launch into creating a new calendar item.
These Shortcuts span contact management, media control, device utilities, and lots more. Not only can Shortcuts be activated by home screen icons, they can be launched by the physical keyboard or Convenience Key, too.
Unlock your productivity with the Android-powered BlackBerry KEYone!
- View all of our BlackBerry KEYone Help and How-To Guides
- Join our BlackBerry KEYone forums
- Learn more about the BlackBerry KEYone
- Where to buy the BlackBerry KEYone
- How to get the most out of Hub on the BlackBerry KEYone
- These BlackBerry KEYone launcher tweaks will amp up your productivity
- Five great Android Nougat features on the BlackBerry KEYone
- Five hidden BlackBerry KEYone features you might not know
- Getting started with photos and videos on the BlackBerry KEYone
- Top BlackBerry KEYone keyboard tricks that will change your life
DISTINCTLY DIFFERENT, DISTINCTLY BLACKBERRY
BlackBerry KEYone pairs the best of BlackBerry’s software and security with TCL Communication’s commitment to delivering high-quality, reliable smartphones to customers around the world.
Beyond the iconic BlackBerry design that’s been curated for the modern user, the BlackBerry KEYone comes with a number of additional features that truly reinvents communications for the professional consumer.
- Built to last – An iconic BlackBerry smartphone made reliable for the demanding user, the BlackBerry KEYone combines a sleek aluminum frame and soft grip textured back built to offer the best in durability.
- Runs Android™ 7.1 Nougat – Giving users access to the entire Google Play store and apps - and will receive Google™ security patch updates.
- The keyboard reimagined – Forget what you knew about keyboards, the BlackBerry Smart Keyboard goes beyond typing. It can be easily programmed to launch up to 52 customizable shortcuts, providing even greater ease of use. And use it to scroll through web pages, the picture gallery or to take a picture.
- Loaded with BlackBerry® Hub® – Bringing all your messages into one consolidated place; including emails, texts and messages from any social media account.
- Unrivaled security features – The BlackBerry KEYone is designed to offer the most secure Android smartphone experience possible.
- Long battery life – Featuring the largest battery ever found in a BlackBerry smartphone, the BlackBerry KEYone offers roughly 26 hours of mixed use, thanks to its 3505mAh battery.
- Impressive photo quality – The BlackBerry KEYone includes a 12MP rear camera with an industry leading camera sensor that captures sharp, crisp photos in any light. And for when you have to take a video conference on the go, it includes an 8MP front camera with fixed focus and 84-degree wide angle lens.
5.87 in 149.1 mm
2.85 in 72.4 mm
0.37 in 9.4 mm
6.35 oz 180 grams
- 4.5-inch IPS LCD display
- 1620x1080 resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor
- 8x 2.0Ghz Cortex A53 cores
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage
- microSD card slot
- 12MP ƒ/20 PDAF rear camera
- Dual-tone LED flash
- 8MP ƒ/2.2 front camera
- 3505 mAh battery
- USB-C, Quick Charge 3.0 + boost charging
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- DTEK security suite
- FIPS 140-2 full disk encryption
Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE and prize package from CrackBerry!
New year, new giveaway! Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE!
Save $150 on the BlackBerry KEY2 from GoTalk
For a limited time, GoTalk has knocked $150 off the regular price of the KEY2 in Silver or Black when you use coupon code KEY2XMAS at checkout.
Twitter announces new controls for conversations, available globally now
Twitter has announced that it is changing the way conversations work on Twitter, bringing more control to users so as to make Twitter safer and more comfortable.