If you've been waiting for improvements to come to BlackBerry's keyboard app for Priv, you'll want to load up Google Play and get the latest release downloaded. The BlackBerry keyboard app has been updated to provide improved predictions, corrections and enhanced control from the physical keyboard making the changes pretty substantial.
- Priv's prediction engine now processes a user's email and social messages to better understand the user's typing style and provide a better out-of-box experience.
- Predictive typing can now learn words with numbers. (e.g. 1800flowers)
- Option to have the keyboard suggest names from a user's contacts during email creation.
- Fine Cursor Control mode on the physical keyboard now features an enhanced cursor locator along with on-screen arrows for easier positioning and control.
- Holding down 'delete' for two seconds now deletes on a word-by-word basis, making it easier to stop on single words.
- Tapping a key on the physical keyboard more accurately places the focus cursor on screen.
- Improved corrections in Russian.
- Other minor enhancements and bug fixes.
There's a lot there to love with this update plus, there's likely even more that hasn't been noted in the change log, so go ahead and get it downloaded. If you happen to spot anything else improved, be sure to let others know in the comments.
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.