Out of all the beta releases lately, the BlackBerry Keyboard app has been getting the most love. Another new build has started to arrive for beta testers through the Google Play Store, and this release is packed with plenty of changes, fixes, and overall improvements. Here's what's new!
- For KEY2/KEYone/PRIV: added settings to enable or disable the swipe down and double-tap keyboard gestures
- For physical keyboards, the suggestion bar now includes the current word if it's not in the dictionary
- Fixed Quick Cangjie input
- Fixed Turkish input to suggest "i" more appropriately after "ı" was typed
- Fixed searching of Vietnamese text
- Fixed the Alphabet (QWERTY) input language
The language improvements will undoubtedly be the highlight for folks explicitly having issues with the languages addressed but the new settings for BlackBerry KEYone, BlackBerry KEY2 and Priv stands out for those who have been having issues with cursor mode or double-tap activations causing erroneous inputs.
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.