Transferring data between BlackBerry devices has always required the use of a computer and software in the form of BlackBerry Desktop Manager for BlackBerry OS devices or BlackBerry Link for BlackBerry 10 devices.
Today, BlackBerry is introducing an app called Device Switch that enables you to easily switch over from a BlackBerry OS device to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone. It is also available for Android and iOS users who are switching over to BlackBerry 10.
Device Switch App Makes it Fast and Easy to Switch to a BlackBerry 10 Smartphone
A new Device Switch app makes it fast and easy to switch from a BlackBerry® OS (versions 5 - 7.x) smartphone to a BlackBerry® 10 smartphone. Device Switch has been available for customers switching from an iPhone or Android™ to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone, and is now available for customers with a BlackBerry OS smartphone making the jump to BlackBerry 10. The app is designed to transfer data quickly and seamlessly from a current BlackBerry OS smartphone to a new BlackBerry 10 smartphone over Wi-Fi® (you connect both phones to the same Wi-Fi network), and is available as a free download on the BlackBerry® World™ storefront.
Key features of Device Switch include:
- A fast and hassle free method for transferring data – The Device Switch app makes moving data from a BlackBerry OS smartphone to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone fast and hassle free. You don’t need to save files or set complex configurations; the app even takes care of making the Wi-Fi connections for you.
- Enjoy Your Content – You can transfer your contacts, calendar, photos, videos, notes, memos and other files/documents.
- Customization – You select the content that you want to transfer from your old BlackBerry OS smartphone to your new BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
- Flexibility – You select the smartphone model you want to switch from. Device Switch supports BlackBerry OS 5 and above.
- Security – A secret key code (PIN) shared between devices helps to make the information transfer more secure.
- High Marks from Customers – The existing versions of Device Switch for transferring from an iPhone or Android to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone are highly rated – 4 of 5 stars on BlackBerry World.
Check out the video above for a demo of the app
Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE and prize package from CrackBerry!
New year, new giveaway! Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE!
Save $150 on the BlackBerry KEY2 from GoTalk
For a limited time, GoTalk has knocked $150 off the regular price of the KEY2 in Silver or Black when you use coupon code KEY2XMAS at checkout.
Twitter announces new controls for conversations, available globally now
Twitter has announced that it is changing the way conversations work on Twitter, bringing more control to users so as to make Twitter safer and more comfortable.