BlackBerry has integrated WatchDox and Good, two of its recent acquisitions, into BES12 in a new Unified Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) platform. This announcement comes along with the company's release of a new suite of mobile apps under the Good Secure EMM branding. The new platform will provide centralized management from BES12 for admins, and the upgrades include new security, productivity and collaboration features.
With the integration of the Good secure container and apps, there will be more capabilities added to email apps, end-to-end encryption for the desktop and more. WatchDox's services will aid in keeping enterprise files more secure, and mobile file creation and editing capabilities will also be enhanced. Finally, secure enterprise instant messaging, like BBM Protected, will allow for better communication and collaboration. Users will now be able to mark messages as high priority, making it easier to identify messages that require action to be taken. Full details of the new integrations can be found below.
BlackBerry Enhances Enterprise Software Portfolio by Integrating Good and WatchDox With BES12 in Unified EMM Platform
Comprehensive platform upgrades include new security, productivity and collaboration features and centralized management from BES12 for easy administration
WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Jan. 26, 2016) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a global leader in secure mobile communications, today announced significant upgrades to its enterprise software portfolio, enhancing BES®12 - the comprehensive multi-OS EMM solution from BlackBerry - with integrated management capabilities for Good Dynamics and WatchDox® by BlackBerry.
"These enterprise software portfolio upgrades support our customers by providing market-leading mobile security and enterprise productivity while reducing IT complexity and resources through one unified EMM platform," said Billy Ho, Executive Vice President, Enterprise Product and Value Added Solutions, BlackBerry. "With the integration of Good and WatchDox products into our BES12 multi-OS EMM platform we have created one of the most comprehensive and flexible mobility management solutions on the market today."
BES12, Good and WatchDox are all included in the new Good Secure EMM Suites offered to enterprises. Together with BBM Protected and SecuSUITE for Enterprise, the comprehensive enterprise software portfolio from BlackBerry is designed to help businesses increase secure handling of their sensitive data, productivity of their workforce and collaboration across any device, endpoint or OS platform in the company. Elements of the combined platform and related upgrades include:
New BES12 version 12.4 offers greater flexibility
- Integration of Good secure container and apps with BES12, the foundation of BlackBerry's enterprise portfolio, for a single source of user enrollment.
- BlackBerry Security enhancements for iOS, including BlackBerry Secure Gateway for secure, behind-the- firewall access to native iOS mail and BlackBerry Secure Connect Plus for iOS, which can be configured as a device-wide or per-app VPN.
- Integrations with Cisco ISE and OpenTrust PKI, and MDM Support for OS X.
Integration of Good Powered by BlackBerry for secure container and apps
- Good Work 2.0, one of the leading collaboration and secure email apps, adding more capabilities with the secure integration of Box, S/MIME for end-to-end email encryption to the desktop, convenient PDF conversion and support for reading Voltage encrypted messages.
- Good Access for Windows, a new secure environment for deployment of HTML5 apps to secure corporate web apps in containers, ensuring data never leaves enterprise control while providing a rich user experience including the first HTML5 offline access in a secure browser for Windows.
- Integration between Good Connect and Cisco Jabber for secure Enterprise Instant Messaging (EIM) on the desktop. This provides another option to customers mobilizing their EIM investments. Good Connect already supports Microsoft Lync.
Ability to protect, share and work with enterprise files
- WatchDox® by BlackBerry is now fully integrated in the BES12 management console.
- New features and add-ons also include upgraded mobile file creation and editing capabilities with the integration of Docs To Go and enhanced eDiscovery with DRM protection for email attachments.
- WatchDox for Good for iOS and Android, a version of the WatchDox mobile app integrated with Good Dynamics container, is now live in the Good Marketplace.
Enabling secure enterprise instant messaging for better collaboration
- BBM Protected is designed for enterprise and offers an enhanced security model for BBM messages sent between iOS®, Android™ and BlackBerry® devices. BBM Protected protects data end to end, in transit and at rest by adding an additional layer of encryption to BBM.
- Updates for BBM Protected include Team Chat, allowing organizational teams, regardless of industry, to enjoy context-specific, secure BBM collaboration sessions. Simply assign a subject to the Team Chat session to keep track of what's important, stay productive and enhance what you can accomplish with your team while on-the-go.
- High Priority Messages - BBM Protected users can now label BBM Protected Messages sent within a conversation as - High Priority Messages. High Priority messages are marked in red text signifying their importance, and allows users to identify that the message contains an action item that needs to be immediately acted upon, improving productivity.
- Delivered and Read Notifications Available in Multi-Person Chats - BBM Protected users can now see who specifically has read or has received a BBM Protected message when communicating with multiple individuals.
In addition to the portfolio updates, the new SecuSUITE® for Enterprise application - which provides secure calling and text messaging on mobile devices to safeguard an organization's sensitive conversations against electronic eavesdropping - is now available. For more details visit: http://us.blackberry.com/enterprise/products/secusuite-enterprise.html
Find out more on the enterprise software portfolio at www.blackberry.com/enterprise
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.