BlackBerry has released a big update for its Enterprise Software Platform, which adds support for the recently-released Windows 10, secure calling and text messaging and more. The changes, which are available across various platforms, build upon BlackBerry's leadership in enterprise management, and bring even more security to users. Some of the big changes include:
Comprehensive multi-OS EMM with support for Windows 10 devices:
- BES12, the foundation of BlackBerry's enterprise portfolio, securely manages devices, apps and content across every major mobile platform, including iOS, Android™, Windows® and BlackBerry® 10.
- Updates now available in v12.3 include support for Windows 10 phones, tablets, laptops and desktops, and additional deployment flexibility for Samsung KNOX Workspace and Android for Work.
- In addition, BES12 v12.3 features the integration with BlackBerry WorkLife 1 to allow enterprises to easily manage corporate and personal phone numbers for split billing as bring-your-own-device (BYOD) becomes more prevalent.
Protect, share and work with enterprise files:
- WatchDox® by BlackBerry® is the most secure enterprise file-sync-and-share (EFSS) solution that allows users to protect, share and work with their files on any device.
- New features and add-ons include productivity enhancements like the ability to annotate and track file activity on BlackBerry 10 devices as well as custom branding and multi-server capabilities for the WatchDox for Mac app.
- The introduction of client and server localization in German and a refreshed admin console make the platform even more accessible and management simpler.
- Additionally, WatchDox is expanding its EMM platform support with Good Dynamics-enabled mobile apps for iOS and Android. This is the first element in the integration of the Good Technology product portfolio.
Secure calling and text messaging now also protecting Enterprises from eavesdropping:
- The new SecuSUITE® for Enterprise app provides secure calling and text messaging on mobile devices, safeguarding an organization's sensitive conversations against electronic eavesdropping.
- With multi-OS support, SecuSUITE for Enterprise adapts technology that was designed for governments and optimized it for an easy to use service to secure communications for enterprises of any size.
- Additionally, it provides best-in-class voice quality and is built to conform to the principles of NIAP Protection Profiles for Secure VoIP & SIP.
It's great to see BlackBerry continue to put cross-platform security first, and bring improvements that will benefit many users.