In addition to the latest BlackBerry Keyboard update rolling out, BlackBerry has now also pushed new builds of the BlackBerry Hub, Calendar, and Productivity Tab. As expected, due to the beta releases offering an early peek at things, the updates are loaded up with quite a few new features and improvements. Check out the full list!
- Consistent User Interface: In all of our Hub+ apps there is now consistent placement of everything and consistent look and feel to dialogs making it easier for you to use all of the Hub+ apps.
- Email Font Selection: You can match you the font sent from your mobile to what you sent on your desktop. Each email account will allow you to set the font type, size, colour for new emails or replies and forwards.
- Enhanced S/MIME Management: Now specify what hash algorithm to use for signing operations of outgoing S/MIME messages. Additionally, when Hub is deployed in a managed profile, this setting will be controllable by an admin using Hub+ Services app configuration policies.
- Lunar Year Display: In the Chinese Lunar Calendar, it will now display the Chinese Lunar Year information across the different calendar views. Just in time for this year's Chinese New Year, Kung Hei Fat Choi!
- Now add Widgets to the Tab: Love Widgets? Use up too much of your homescreen? Always a pain in the butt to get to them? Well, have we got the solution for you! Using a dedicated tab in the Productivity Tab you can now drop in widgets from favorite apps, allowing you to see their content from anywhere with one single swipe gesture. Additionally, we have also added the ability for you to manage the visibility and order of the tabs
- Social Account Integration: In addition to email accounts, the Hub tab will now also display content from all social accounts that are configured in Hub.
As a whole, the improvements are great but I'm sure most folks will be looking at the Productivity Tab improvements and checking out the option to add widgets and social accounts in there. This addition totally expands the usefulness, shall we say, of the Productivity Tab, so be sure to check it out and let us know in the comments what you think. The updates have begun rolling out now, so hit up Google Play to check for them.
If you're waiting for the Productivity Tab update or wondering why you're not seeing the widget options, there's a reason for that as noted by Michael Clewley on Twitter. That update will be coming later 'next week'.
Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE and prize package from CrackBerry!
New year, new giveaway! Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE!
Save $150 on the BlackBerry KEY2 from GoTalk
For a limited time, GoTalk has knocked $150 off the regular price of the KEY2 in Silver or Black when you use coupon code KEY2XMAS at checkout.
Twitter announces new controls for conversations, available globally now
Twitter has announced that it is changing the way conversations work on Twitter, bringing more control to users so as to make Twitter safer and more comfortable.