Yesterday was the opening day of the BlackBerry Developer Conference and a lot of big press releases and announcements came out of it. Some were expected while others certainly came out of no where and left many people pleasantly surprised. Here's a quick look back at the days events if you wanna catch up and check to see if you missed out on all the good stuff. Lots of information from the General session is in the live blog we did for which you can now replay and read through.
- RIM announces Open GL ES Support And New Theme Building Tools
- RIM Unveils New Services Platform For BlackBerry Developers
- RIM Announces BlackBerry Academic Program
- BlackBerry Developers Challenge Winners Chosen
- Video Demo: Flash Tools and Support Coming to BlackBerry
- eBay Mobile App For BlackBerry Smartphones Coming Soon
- Open GL ES Support Announced At BlackBerry Developer Conference - See It in Action on Need for Speed Shift Demo!!
- Loopt: Biggest Update Yet Launched At BlackBerry Developer Conference
- DevCon 2009: General Session Live Blog,Watch The Replay
- RIM and Adobe to Simplify Delivery Of Rich Content and Applications for BlackBerry Smartphones
Don't listen to AT&T: Your phone isn't going to stop making calls
AT&T customers have been receiving warnings from the carrier saying that their phones will soon stop making calls. That's technically true, but the network change isn't coming until 2022. Here's what you need to know about the transition to VoLTE (HD Voice) on AT&T.