This past April, the BlackBerry Partners Fund announced the 2011 BlackBerry Developer Challenge with three competitions developers could participate in:
- Best Adobe Flash®/AIR app
- Most Innovative BlackBerry WebWorks™ app on the BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 6
- Most Addictive social app using the BBM™ Social Platform
Participants in the competitions have the chance to win $3 million worth of prizes such as; BlackBerry Smartphones, BlackBerry PlayBook, BlackBerry Alliance Program membership and more. Today, the BlackBerry Partners Fund announced the winners of the “Most Innovative BlackBerry WebWorks app on the BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 6” competition (or just WebWorks for short). The winners were chosen from four global regions, which are; North America, Asia Pacific and Europe/MiddleEast/Africa. Let’s check out the winners:
- Grand Prize Winner – Guitarist's Reference and Guitarist's Reference Torch (vendor: My App Catalog LLC)
- First Runners-up – Meeting Cost (vendor: Hindam Innovation Corp.)
- Second Runners-up – Light 'Em Up (vendor: Thomas Kiefer)
Europe, Middle East, Africa:
- Grand Prize Winner – Daily Express UK (vendor: Refresh Mobile Ltd)
- First Runners-up – Twinoo Lite (vendor: Razum d.o.o.)
- Second Runners-up – Interlecta (vendor: Interlecta OOD)
- Grand Prize Winner – Shogomo (vendor: Quintell Business Intelligence Pte Ltd)
- First Runners-up – Chatmosphere IRC Chat Finder (vendor: Mobile Ventures Pty Ltd)
- Second Runners-up – Rock Paper Scissors (vendor: MMMOOO)
Congratulations to the winners! Just a friendly reminder that those who wish to participate in the competition for Most Addictive social app using BBM Social Platform, you have until September 23rd to submit your entry.
Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE and prize package from CrackBerry!
New year, new giveaway! Enter to win a BlackBerry KEY2 LE!
Save $150 on the BlackBerry KEY2 from GoTalk
For a limited time, GoTalk has knocked $150 off the regular price of the KEY2 in Silver or Black when you use coupon code KEY2XMAS at checkout.
Twitter announces new controls for conversations, available globally now
Twitter has announced that it is changing the way conversations work on Twitter, bringing more control to users so as to make Twitter safer and more comfortable.