This is more of a PSA then anything but here it goes. As some folks have noticed, BlackBerry Blend has started appearing in the 'My World' section of BlackBerry World. As folks are noticing, you can't do anything with it as of yet and even clicking on it leads to an error.
That's because it's not ready and well, BlackBerry hasn't even officially announced it or even really acknowledged it as of yet. We don't know why it's showing up in your download list but one could easily assume it's in preparation for its eventual unveiling and official announcement that's likely to come on the 24th with the BlackBerry Passport.
Not sure what BlackBerry Blend is and why people are excited to be seeing it in their download list? Check out our previous coverage of BlackBerry Blend to get a better look at what we're talking about or check out the things you'll eventually be able to do with BlackBerry Blend below.
With BlackBerry Blend you can:
- View and respond to some messages and chats from different accounts in the BlackBerry Hub.
- Access your BBM chats, groups, and BBM Channels.
- Access your text messages (SMS).
- View your daily, weekly, or monthly agenda.
- Create new calendar entries and change existing entries.
- Copy and transfer your files between your device and computer or tablet.
- Open a browser with a secure connection to view private information from your organization's intranet, if your device is associated with a BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.
- Tasks that you might have previously completed using BlackBerry Desktop Software or BlackBerry Link can now be completed using BlackBerry Blend, including: Backing up and restoring device data, Switching to another device, Copying pictures, videos, and music between a computer or tablet and your BlackBerry 10 device.