We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Following up on the earlier leak of the DTEK60, the device has now landed at the FCC and WiFi Alliance sites. At the FCC, the device has been registered under the model number BBA1001 but at the WiFi Alliance site, the device shows as both BBA1001 and the DTEK60 confirming the naming convention across the board. As expected, there's not a lot of further info to be gleaned from the filings as they're not all public, but it does add further confirmation the DTEK60 will be released.
- 5.5" diagonal, 534 PPI, 2560 x 1440 Quad HD resolution
- All-touch screen, with intuitive gesture based navigation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core (MSM8996 with 64 bit Quad-Core 2+2 Kryo 2.15GHz / 1.6GHz), Adreno 530, 624MHz GPU
- 4 GB RAM, 32 GB Flash
- USB Type-C
- 3000 mAh 4.4V non-removable Lithium-Ion battery QC3.0 Enabled
- 21-megapixel auto-focus camera
- 8-megapixel Fixed-Focus
- Fingerprint sensor (DTEK60)
- Convenience key
- Android 6.0.1
The timing of the appearance was rather interesting. John Chen just completed his discussions with Amber Kanwar at the Empire Club as these documents were unveiled. Also, I'll be the bearer of what some may consider bad news. The WiFi Alliance still shows the devices running Android 6.0.1, so in other words, no Android 7.0 Nougat as of yet.