On the eve of CES 2012, it was great to sit in on one of the RIM sessions at the ATT Developer Summit. Maurice White and John Mutter, RIM's Enterprise Mobility Architects, gave a presentation on Developing Super Apps for the BlackBerry OS and BB10 platform and what it means to be a Super App. One of the points they brought up though is the current stats of BlackBerry App World. When comparing to the other popular markets out there, it's cool to see exactly where App World stands in the global marketplace and how it stacks up against its competitors.
Key figures include:
- Over 2 BILLION apps downloaded
- Over 140 MILLION apps downloaded per month
- Industry-leading reach: App World available in 130 countries and growing
- 26 + currencies supported
- Carrier Billing with multiple major carriers such as AT&T, Vodafone, Rogers, etc. across 10 countries and expanding rapidly
- 43% MORE daily downloads than the average iOS app*
- 48% MORE daily downloads than the average Android app*
The market is filled with tens of thousands of apps that cover a variety of needs ranging from social networking apps to utility apps and much more. What do you think about this important milestone and on the daily downloads stats? Sound off in the comments below.
*Source: Research2Guidance report, August 2011
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.