Howdy and welcome to the weekly app roundup! After Last week’s CrackBerry Birthday Extravaganza, the site was abuzz with more info on the PlayBook, new leaks & some very cool apps. While we still don’t have an exact release date on the PlayBook, March is almost half way over so it must be soon!
Today, check out some goodies we’ve found & see what you may have missed over the course of the week and enter to win 1 of 5 copies of KFlicks! Have a rootin’ tootin’ weekend! Giddy up!
Freebies of the Week: The River Test, Activity Log Classic
In Case You Missed It: Word Sleuth, BlackBerry Protect
New This Week: Toddler Days, BeInfo
Cool at BlackBerry App World: Word Hunt 2
Contest: Win one of 25 copies of Blink!
Freebies Of The Week:
Japanese IQ test that is supposedly given during job interviews for senior positions. It is believed that only 10% of the people on the planet can solve this test (I failed). The River Test game is created to assure you have the perfect environment to solve the task. It contains all the necessary tools you will need.
- Only 2 people on the raft at a time
- The Father cannot stay with any of the daughters, without their Mother’s presence
- The Mother cannot stay with any of the sons, without their Father’s presence
- The thief (striped shirt) cannot stay with any family member, if the Policeman is not there
- Only the Father, the Mother and the Policeman know how to operate the raft
- Quick access to the Rules
- All 8 characters
- Gorgeous graphics and design
- Build-in checks to ensure you follow the rules
- No internet connection required
Activity Log Classic - Activity Log records and tracks all your time invested in daily activities. It enables you to control your tight schedules and helps you to meet the deadlines. It helps you to improve your efficiency and saves you time. Once you have logged your time, you will be able analyze your daily activities.
Managing your time plays vital role in a successful life. Activity log is the best application to record and track all your time invested on daily activities. It controls your tight schedules and meets deadlines.
- It records how much time you spent, when and on what.
- Data can be exported into spread sheet software via .csv.
- It allows you to create your own customized activities.
- It’s a useful application for auditing the way that you use your time. It can also help you to track changes in your energy, alertness and effectiveness throughout the day.
- You can track the times of day at which you are most effective and efficient, so that you can carry out your most important tasks during these times.
- Activities can be analyzed over a period of time by utilizing chart option. Using this option, bar charts can be plotted to see how much time has been spent till to-date with total amount of time invested on each activity. It also shows you the duration of time spent during differ hours of the day.
- Toolbar to make the app easy and more intuitive.
- In non touch devices activity icon names appear in big size at the bottom center of screen.
- Two letter short cut keys can be define for each button, which then can be activated via Alt + XX (where X = one key).
In Case You Missed It:
Word Sleuth - Word Sleuth is the ultimate word search app for your BlackBerry smart-phone.
- 4 game modes, including classic word search and timed arcade style modes.
- 3 difficulty settings.
Available for $0.99 from the CrackBerry App Store
BlackBerry Protect - a free application designed to keep your information secure if your BlackBerry smartphone goes missing. Download BlackBerry Protect then log into the website and you can lock, locate or wipe your smartphone from wherever you are. You can also choose to have your crucial data backed up wirelessly, and automatically, as often as you choose (daily, weekly, or monthly).
Can’t find your BlackBerry? Go to www.blackberry.com/protect to
- Locate it on a map
- Set a password and lock it to protect your information
- Wipe all the contents
- Make your BlackBerry ring loudly to help find it
- Display a message on the homescreen instructing whoever finds it on how to return it
Wireless Backup and Restore
- Wirelessly back up contacts, calendar, memos, tasks, browser bookmarks, and text messages
- Automatically back up daily, weekly, or monthly
- Wirelessly restore your backed up data when switching to a new BlackBerry
Save on data usage by:
- Only backing up information that has changed from the previous backup (incremental backups)
- Only backing up over WiFi
- Preventing backup while roaming
- BlackBerry Protect is free to all users on supported BlackBerry data plans. Contact your carrier to upgrade if your plan is not supported.
- BlackBerry Protect is not compatible with devices that use the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express.
New This Week:
Toddler Days - Teach your toddler the days of the week. Use your child’s attraction for the phone to foster their learning. Keep your toddler busy with days of the week and their English pronunciation.
- Easy to use: press any key or touch the screen to advance to the next image.
- Help available in the application.
- Responsive customer support.
- Supports the newest devices like Torch, Storm 2, Bold 2, Style and the new Pearl(91xx).
Currently on sale for $0.99 (from $1.99) from the CrackBerry App Store
BeInfo - To be informed of the performance, use and availability of the resources of your BlackBerry, Beinfo allows you to have all this information and much more within the reach of a single click.
BeInfo is developed to provide the information useful and necessary so that you as user have knowledge of the performance that makes your device's resources.
Among the features of the application are:
- Placed in the notification bar icon that is rotating at a scheduled time of 10, 20 or 30 seconds, each rotation shows the level of the following resources: the battery, temperature of the battery charge level, and the available Flash memory.
Available for $2.99 from the CrackBerry App Store
Cool In BlackBerry App World:
Word Hunt 2 - Get ready to test your word power and speed in Word Hunt 2, the sequel to the highly successful Word Hunt word search game. Find and mark all of the words hidden in a rectangular grid of apparently random letters. Your only clue - the words are hidden vertically, horizontally and diagonally, and backwards, but always in a straight line. So are you up for the challenge?
Available for $4.99 from BlackBerry App World: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/31197?lang=en Word Hunt 2 - Get ready to test your word power and speed in Word Hunt 2, the sequel to the highly successful Word Hunt word search game. Find and mark all of the words hidden in a rectangular grid of apparently random letters. Your only clue - the words are hidden vertically, horizontally and diagonally, and backwards, but always in a straight line. So are you up for the challenge?
Available for $4.99 from BlackBerry App World
KFlicks: A NetFlix Manager - KFlicks is a BlackBerry mobile application designed for Netflix management on-the-go. Because your time is valuable, KFlicks contains only the important Netflix functionalities allowing for a quick get in, get out experience. KFlicks allows you to search and rate titles, retrieve title recommendations, and add/delete titles from your queues.
$1.99 from the CrackBerry App Store
We have 5 copies of KFlicks to give away! All you have to do is leave a comment to be entered. Winners will be announced next week. Now, for the 25 winners of Blink.
Until Next Week..
Well there you have it folks! I hope you enjoyed the apps we managed to corral this week. Of course, we also have many more New BlackBerry Apps, Updated BlackBerry Apps and Free BlackBerry Apps available at ShopCrackBerry.com. Be sure to visit our software store for more great deals on BlackBerry Applications!
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.