Howdy and welcome to the weekly app roundup! This week we’ve seen a slew of CDMA BlackBerrys that are on the 2011 Roadmap. Shoot, just when you finally lasso one of the latest BlackBerrys, more pop up in the pipeline. Of course you shouldn’t get frustrated and curse what you just bought, as it’s still an amazing smartphone to own. Hold your head (and BlackBerry) up high!
Today, we announce the winners of the Ringtone Remix giveaway and also give you the chance to win one of 20 copies of MemoryUp Pro! Have a rootin’ tootin’ weekend! Giddy up!
Freebies of the Week: bPRIVATE Free, Hours Tracker Free, Groupix
In Case You Missed It: KidsMath, Gymtechnik NextGen
New This Week: Mobitee GPS Golf Assistant, Clip Mailer, Alerts Master
Cool at BlackBerry App World: Burnout Check
Contest: Win one of 20 1 year subscriptions of MemoryUp Pro!
Freebies Of The Week:
bPRIVATE Free - Have you been wanting to prevent prying eyes into your mobile phones, but would not want to completely lock down your mobile phone? Or, if a friend asks to see your mobile phone and what great apps you have installed, but wish that they do not click on some of your apps or emails which you deem private?
bPRIVATE for BlackBerry is a handy privacy app that guards your privacy discreetly. With bPRIVATE for BlackBerry, you can selectively choose which apps to protect from prying eyes and which to leave open. bPRIVATE for BlackBerry immediately blocks and prompts for a password should anyone try to access this information.
This is a bPRIVATE free edition, which only allows you to block one selected app. Buy the bPRIVATE full edition to lock up to 6 different applications. bPRIVATE locks BBM, Facebook, Inbox, Photos/Videos, Contacts and Calendar. bPRIVATE is developed by Risto Mobile Solutions, a BlackBerry Elite Alliance Member.
Full version is currently on sale for $0.99 (from $2.99) from the CrackBerry App Store
Hours Tracker Free - This is a free ad service application. Before buying the Hours tracker app, please try it once. Hours Tracker is a simple & cool application that helps you in keeping perfect track of time. This application can help you store your projects & jobs in it. Multiple jobs in a single project at the same time can be accessed. It’s basically designed for those who want to calculate or keep track of the hours they work. This application can support multiple jobs & the data can even be exported in a spreadsheet friendly CSV format. The name of the job, hourly rate, the amount of time worked, etc can be recorded & edited, as per your need. Now, managing your work is easier using this application. Calculate the money earned & the Hours for jobs on your BlackBerry. Happy earning!
- The very first screen displays all the projects you have recorded & the number of jobs running in that project along with the total cost & time spent
- Status bar of the jobs will be shown
- Pre-defined icons already set so that you can differentiate between your projects
- Exporting of the data can be done project wise
- You have an option of setting manual or automatic time outs
- Add any number of projects & any number of jobs in each project
- Reset your stored data whenever you want to
- Keep track of number of Hours worked on any job
- Manual or automatic selection of the time outs on jobs
- The application can remember your last stored hourly rates & displays it
- Do the modifications of the entries whenever you need to
- Sort your projects by alphabetical order or time wise
- Calculate the money earned by entering the number of hours & the hourly rate even for multiple jobs at a time
- The hourly rate, time difference can be changed anytime
- Export the data to a spreadsheet friendly CSV (Comma-Separated Value)
Groupix - Groupix is the first cross platform app that allows you to create collaborative photo albums in real-time! With Groupix, you first create a shared photo album amongst friends, then photos taken from each of your friend's smartphones are automatically stored in the shared photo album and immediately appear on all of the album members' smartphones.
At any time, you can visit: http://grpix.com/(AlbumID)
In Case You Missed It:
KidsMath - KidsMath is designed for children. KidsMath includes Additions, Subtractions, Multiplications and Divisions. There are three levels of difficulty to choose from for Practice or Quiz. A Quiz of 30 random questions can be taken at anytime. You can choose type of Quiz eg: Additions only or All.
When doing a practice session, there are 3 random incorrect answers and one correct answer to choose from. All the questions are randomly selected and the possible answers are also randomly selected.
When doing a Quiz, the user does not have multiple choices to select from; they must answer the question by typing in the answer. This avoids educated guesses and forces the user to solve the problem. At the end of the Quiz the percentage score is displayed.
- Includes Additions, Subtractions, Multiplications and Divisions
- 3 level of difficulty
- Practice and Quiz features
- Practice on any Operator type eg: Additions only
- Quiz on any Operator type eg: Additions only or All
- Multiple choice answers when doing practice
- No multiple choice answers when doing a Quiz
- Easy to use
$0.99 from the CrackBerry App Store
Gymtechnik - Gym Technik NextGen - 30 Day Free Trial!
Voted Best Health/Fitness App For The BlackBerry - CrackBerry.com Best of 2010 & 2009 "Best Training-Only 'Berry App" - Flex Magazine
With Gym Technik NextGen you’ll reach your fitness goals faster, as you track your workouts, body stats, and schedule monthly workout routines with your BlackBerry Smartphone. You’ll see results. With sync capacity, NextGen makes it possible to upload stats and photos while working out, viewable later on Gym Technik Online. At www.gymtechnik.com, you can build workout routines, chart your progress and view workout summaries.
The app allows you to build your own workouts using the Gym Technik exercise library. You’ll also be able to select from a wide range of workouts for both men and women, organized according to your goals and needs. The library comes loaded with instructional images and descriptions. Need more exercises? Add to your fitness arsenal by customizing your own exercises. Gym Technik transforms your BlackBerry into your workout partner.
- View visual & instructional guidance on each exercise
- Track reps, weights, time for all exercise types: Free weights, machines, resistance bands, cables, body ball
- Track time, speed, distance, and calories burned for cardio exercises
- Use the built-in resting and recovery timer
- See how you performed each set and exercise previously
- Track body weight, body fat, and body size measurements
- Upload progress photos
- View and schedule workouts on a calendar
- Sync and save all your data securely onto Gym Technik Online
- Share progress with automatic Facebook/Twitter messages
At www.gymtechnik.com you can:
- Graph workout & body stat progress
- See before/after photos of yourself
Download and get a 30 day free trial of Premium. The app is available to premium accounts only. At the end of the trial, you will not be charged unless you choose to upgrade at www.gymtechnik.com/store
New This Week:
Mobitee GPS Golf Assistant - Mobitee – your own professional caddy on mobile. Created by golfers, Mobitee is the most SIMPLE, POWERFUL, and ACCURATE application. It works already on thousands of Golf Courses, all over the world. If yours is not available, it can be added within 72 hours, by visiting their website. Once tried, you will never play without.
- To find the nearest Golf Courses
- Distances remaining to the green (Front, Middle, Back)
- Distances remaining to hazards (dogleg, Bunkers, Water)
- Distances from Tee
- Clubs Advisors
- Scorecard (Edit, Save, Calculation, Send)
- Useful information about Golf Course (address, phone number, website, closing days, Prices)
Clip Mailer - Clip Mailer monitors clipboard and popup sends mail window automatically when you clip content, including urls. Many popular applications have a function that can copy content including links. Clip Mailer enables you to send the content quickly to your mail account, to refer it later. For example: BeReader(Google RSS Reader) has "Menu - Copy Article Link", UberTwitter has "Menu - Copy Tweet" and the Browser has "Menu - Page Address - Copy Address".
Clip Mailer is very useful to:
- Read long web page later in PC's browser.
- Collect web links into one place such as; Gmail or Evernote.
Clip Mailer provides many custom settings. You can:
- Configure monitoring keyword (default is "https://"), email subject, email addresses and so forth
- Enable/Disable vibration on clip
Try Clip Mailer free for 7 days
Alerts Master - You can set filters for incoming calls, SMS and emails. You can preview new emails without going into messages list and opening emails. Normally, BlackBerry LED blinks in Red color for all types of events and you always have to read the screen to know what kind of event it is. Alerts Master allows you to set unique LED colors for various events. For incoming calls, normally phone vibrates first and then starts ringtone. It does not vibrate and ring in parallel. Alerts Master can do that.
Normally, you can not set alerts for specific contacts, other than for incoming phone calls. Using Alerts Master, you can set unique LED colors, tones and vibration for new emails, high priority emails, incoming calls, missed calls, SMS, MMS, PIN and BlackBerry Messenger messages from specific contacts in address book. Alerts Master also allows you to set alerts for:
- when your BlackBerry goes out of mobile phone network coverage
- when battery level drops below a given limit
- when battery is in charging mode
- when battery becomes fully charged
LED can blink in multiple colors (one after another) when there are alerts active for multiple events at same time.
- Customizable LED colors, tones and vibration for following events in general or for specific contacts:
- New Emails (separate alerts for each email account configured in your BlackBerry) - High Priority Emails - Incoming Calls (vibrates in parallel with ringtone) - Missed Calls - SMS - MMS - PIN Messages - Level 1 Messages - BlackBerry Messenger - Out of network coverage - Low battery - Battery in charging mode - Battery becomes fully charged
- Choose from 20 predefined LED colors or even create custom colors. You can choose from normal or bright colors.
- Decide to show one color or a combination of two colors for each event.
- Mute alerts for a schedule of hours of the day and days of the week. Alerts Master will not alert you at those scheduled times.
- You can choose to blink LED at fast or slow speed.
- Option to stop LED after specified time to save battery.
- Choose how many times it vibrates for each event.
- Set pre-loaded tones or from memory card.
- Option to backup and restore program settings.
Cool In BlackBerry App World:
Burnout Check - Minimize your Burnout risk – Maximize your quality of life. Use the scientifically proven Burnout Check to find out about your room of improvement and prevent yourself from a burnout. Use 10 Minutes of your life to improve it forever! There is a capability for improvement in everybody’s life, identify it now.
- Answer quick and simple questions
- See your results in all categories clearly arranged in the result screen
- Exact and easy adjustment with slider
- Encouraging design - Start your new life with a smile!
This app requires an SD-Card.
MemoryUp Pro - Get the Top Rated, Best Selling, and Most Advanced Memory & RAM Booster to Squeeze Peak Performance Out of Your BlackBerry!
* 2009-2010 Championship Award - Best Phone Tool *
* Full Support for BB OS 4.x, 5.0, 6.0 *
MemoryUp Pro is a powerful BlackBerry RAM boosting tool and Java virtual machine (JVM) management application specially designed for BlackBerry users. It is a handy memory optimizer tool that will keep your BlackBerry running faster and efficiently. It increases your BlackBerry performance by making more memory available for both your applications and the BlackBerry system.
MemoryUp Pro is designed to tackle the difficult, but crucial problem of memory management for BlackBerry users. Memory is the most precious resource in your BlackBerry; when it becomes low, your BlackBerry will slow down severely or crash. Most mobile system can not handle your memory properly by itself. Over time, no matter how much memory you have, your BlackBerry system will slowly lose memory, bringing you to a critical state. MemoryUp Pro solves these problems by reclaiming lost memory for your programs. It helps your BlackBerry run at optimum speed by efficiently defragmenting your BlackBerry's memory, recovering memory leaks from poorly behaved applications, flushing unused libraries temporarily out to disk and so on. By all this optimization tricks your favorite applications and games will run faster and efficiently even on old BlackBerry.
MemoryUp Pro is optimized for all series of BlackBerry, which can monitor your BlackBerry system in the background, freeing resources when needed. It uses many advanced features to keep your BlackBerry running at optimum speed. But more importantly, it's designed with all users in mind; whether you're a power-user or a novice, MemoryUp Pro will give you the features you want without confusing or limiting you.
Praised by both individual users and large companies alike, MemoryUp Pro is the best utility of its type available. MemoryUp Pro from eMobiStudio Inc. represents the best technical and design efforts modern BlackBerry software, to bring you a technically superior, yet easy-to-use memory management utility.
- Real-time Smartphone Memory Status Report & Monitor - MemoryUp Pro gives you professional, easy-to-read status report on your smartphone's memory usage. A live chart demonstrates your total available memory and current memory usage. MemoryUp Pro makes it easy to see how well your smartphone is performing, and whether your system is overloaded.
- Setting Your Performance Target - Using MemoryUp Pro's setting function, you can boost phones by setting performance goal fits your profile. MemoryUp Pro will work to keep your memory at desired levels, and act immediately if memory drops below critical level.
- One-click Quick Memory Boosting - In addition to monitoring and reclaiming your memory automatically, MemoryUp Pro Mobile RAM Booster allows you to boost your memory manually. By using the Quick Boost feature, you can observe MemoryUp Pro reclaiming more memory for your system. In the mean time, Quick Boost will smartly remember the settings that work best for your smartphone.
- Auto-boosting in the Background - Your memory is the most important resource on your smartphone, and how it is used can drastically affect performance. With Auto-boosting feature, MemoryUp Pro can run in the background and automatically reclaim unused memory on your Smartphone. It oversees the allocation of memory resources through its unique cache management technique. By using MemoryUp Pro, you don't need to know anything about your smartphone system; MemoryUp Pro will provide all the technical know-how.
- BlackBerry Crash Protection - The majority of smartphone crashes come when system resources are inadequate. MemoryUp Pro Mobile RAM Booster warns you when your memory reaches a critical point, allowing you to quit the running applications safely before your smartphone becomes unstable.
- Basic and Advance Settings at Your Choice - Other add-on features include Warning/Auto-recovering RAM when it goes under your preset value, Startup boost (when MemoryUp Pro is launched), advanced boost cell features (Force system to use large cache, Prohibit kernel from disk swapping, Auto-allocate critical threads, and Auto-boost when system's idle, etc.) for professional smartphone users, and multiple language support (English, German, Italian and Spanish).
Currently on sale for $8.99 (from $16.99) for a yearly subscription fron the CrackBerry App StoreWe have 20 1 year subscriptions of MemoryUp Pro to give away! All you have to do is leave a comment to be entered. Winners will be announced next week. Now, for the 25 winners of Ringtone Remix.
Until Next Week..
Well there you have it folks! I hope you enjoyed the apps we managed to corral this week. If you have any information on software (including news and tips), or if you are developer looking to be in the spotlight (or contest) let me know via email at email@example.com or on Twitter at twitter.com/ryanblundell.
Of course, we also have many more New BlackBerry Apps, Updated BlackBerry Apps and Free BlackBerry Apps available at ShopCrackBerry.com. Be sure to visit our software store for more great deals on BlackBerry Applications!