Howdy and welcome to the weekly app roundup! We’ve corralled some apps we reckon you folks want to take a gander at. Yee-haw! It wasn’t easy; some of them are mighty sneaky critters. One critter that ain’t so sneaky is the Playbook. That varment has been showin’s it face all over. I can’t wait to lasso that one! Today, we announce the winners of the Blurts 2.0 giveaway and also give you the chance to win one of 25 copies of SBSH Calendar Pro! Have a rootin’ tootin’ weekend! Giddy up!
Freebies of the Week: Speaker On, Advanced Call Manager Free, HipSnip
In Case You Missed It: ShowMe! Fotos, ReplyGuard
New This Week: Where is my car, FollowUp Reminder, Freedom
Cool at BlackBerry App World: Snoop Alert
Contest: Enter to win one of 25 copies of SBSH Calendar Pro!
Freebies Of The Week:
Speaker on -The only speakerphone app you'll ever need. Speaker On automatically answers your incoming calls with the speakerphone activated after a given number of seconds. You won't have to touch any buttons at all. Or you can use the handset and optionally have the speakerphone activate automatically when a call is answered. If you need real hands-free operation this is the app for you!
When you're on the wheel, you know how convenient it is to manage your connections and your time. 'Speaker On' is the one app that does it all with nothing more than your BlackBerry speakerphone. Great.
- No reconfiguration required. Just download and turn on 'Speaker On'. It’s designed to be easy, like all MediaCanvas apps.
- The user-friendly interface allows you to be on the speakerphone while you're driving, or the time you need.
- Change the setting in just seconds.
Free from BlackBerry App World
Advanced Call Manager Free -Hundreds on your contact book and hundreds more who can access your number and call any time they find fit. Is there a way to make owning a phone less intrusive, while staying connected with others?
No matter how advanced your phone is, when you receive a call you have just two options – answer or hang up. Advanced Call Manager (ACM) is the app that handles your phone calls just like you would, plus a helpful technology boost. You get more call-handling options (busy tone, busy tone and SMS auto-reply, mute the ringer, divert calls, play a voice greeting) and can personalize your response to different callers. With ACM you can set lists of contacts, choose how to filter their calls, save your call-handling options into Profiles and let ACM run automatically without extra supervision.
Advanced Call Manager Free is the free limited version of the best-selling Advanced Call Manager.
Once you know what groups of people you would like to block and how, save your settings in ready-for-action profiles (configurations). You can choose from five different active modes for your profiles: reject all calls, accept calls only from phonebook, *reject from blacklist, *accept from whitelist or *reject all plus a custom action.
Use ACM’s clever Scheduler to switch between profiles automatically. For example, activate your custom “Evening” profile every evening to block work-related calls after hours. Use the Locator to switch the active profile according to your location. For example, set ACM to activate your “Work” profile when the Locator detects you are in your office building.
If you’d like to be able to receive calls even if you forget your phone, try Advanced Forwarder. It allows you to forward calls to any other number and can be activated remotely. Read more and download free trial here.
HipSnip -HipSnip is a free web service that lets you save and remember the things important to you. It lets users connect the real world to the online world, using their mobile phones. Users ‘Snip’ any information they like by text message and mobile web. They can also get information and offers directly from businesses sent to their Snip feed simply by texting SMS keywords. It syncs online, so make a note of it on HipSnip and get it on your mobile, on your desktop, on any web device. Enhances notes with content and makes it easy to share with friends on Facebook.
- Notes sync online to HipSnip
- Fetches smart content about products
- Sharing with Facebook
- Make notes by SMS (to a UK long code)
Free from the CrackBerry App Store
In Case You Missed It:
ShowMe! Fotos -The ShowMe! Fotos uploader is your FREE one-step BlackBerry photo upload and sharing application. Frame, caption and upload photos instantly from your BlackBerry to Facebook, Flickr, Ning, Twitpic, Evernote and others, and share them with your friends. Join the over 60,000 other ShowMe! Fotos downloaders and start having fun now!
- Travel Photos. Instant postcards sent to the folks back home including travel notes.
- Sports and Events. Tell all your friends where you are, who you are rooting for, the current score, and other hot happenings at the game.
- Family Photos. Capture and instantly share and communicate fun family moments.
- Photo Messaging. Better than sending a text message! Let your photo message say 1000 words without all the typing. Take your photo, style it with a frame, add a snappy caption and share with your friends!
- One Step Photo Upload and Sharing with Friends.
- Automatic distribution to Facebook, Flickr, Ning, Twitpic, Evernote and other photo sharing sites.
- Capture the moment and communicate with easy photo captioning. Add a subject and description to your photo and send.
- Stylish Commemorative Framing. Select from a number of styles and color options.
- Store and forward technology using BlackBerry eMail. Internet/browser access not required. If you are out of a reception area, queue up your photos and they will upload when you are back in range. If you device supports it, works with WiFi too!
- BlackBerry contact list integration.
- Browse and use past photos.
ReplyGuard -Protect yourself from accidental, embarrassing and potentially career-ending 'Reply All' accidents! ReplyGuard is a "must-have" application for any BlackBerry user. Gain peace of mind instantly with this ReplyGuard, knowing that you'll never have to worry about making the mistake of clicking "Reply All" before it's too late. When you send an email to multiple recipients, ReplyGuard will stop the sending process and alert you to let you choose whether to continue and send the message or not.
- Receive popup confirmations when you are about to send email to multiple recipients.
- User configurable confirmation settings.
- Runs quietly in the background.
- There when you need it most!
- A "must-have" app for any BlackBerry user!
- Fully functional, FREE 3-day trial!
$2.95 from the CrackBerry App Store
New This Week:
Where is my car -Can’t remember where you parked your car last night, when you arrived home late? Forgot the exact parking spot where you left your car at the parking lot? Do you sometimes ask yourself these questions? If so, then WHERE IS MY CAR? is the application for you! It is an easy-to-use app that helps you to remember where you parked your car in two simple steps:
1: Store current position.
2: The application will automatically track the orientation and distance to your car. Or you can also view the exact location of your car in the MAPS application and trace a route from your current position back to your car. Main features: - Store the current position of your car permanently. Even if you exit the application or turn off your device, the position will be stored. - If a position is already stored, “Where is my car?” will automatically track your current position and will inform you about the distance and heading to your car. - Are you in a place with no GPS signal? Don’t worry - with “Where is my car?” you’ll be able to take a picture of your car (or of something nearby, like a street sign) so you can review it later and locate your car!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This application only works on devices with an internal or a Bluetooth GPS.
FollowUp Reminder -One-Handed Call-Back Reminder for Your BlackBerry. Set your BlackBerry to schedule appointments and return calls with one hand. FollowUp Reminder makes your BlackBerry device even handier by letting you use it on the go while taking your current schedule and your contacts’ time zone and working hours into account.
This ergonomic call-back reminder makes it possible to schedule follow-up calls with just one hand. Use FollowUp Reminder in busy environments, on the go and while driving (where permitted by law) to schedule appointments and phone calls according to your schedule. FollowUp Reminder will take care of your contacts’ working hours and time zone completely automatically, determining an appropriate time to call by their phone number country/area code.
The user interface of FollowUp Reminder is utterly simple and non-distractive, allowing the tool to be used with just one hand. A single tap on the trackpad is all that’s needed to schedule a call-back – whether you’re calling ASAP after 10 minutes, sometime this day, tomorrow, next business day, or next week. FollowUp Reminder will place an automated reminder taking your own schedule into account and considering the other party’s time zone, working hours, and best time to call (if configured).
You don’t need to know what time zone that area code is, or calculate the time difference. FollowUp Reminder can be used safely anywhere on the globe to call anyone in the world. FollowUp Reminder will take your time zone and time zone of the other party into account, making sure you only call during established business hours or some other time that’s best to reach that party. The perfect time to call can be determined automatically based on your location and your contact’s phone number, country and area code.
Creating call-back reminders is easy. Just select your desired timeframe for a call-back, and FollowUp Reminder will create a reminder, automatically filling all the fields such as the name, phone number, email, and desired time to call. FollowUp Reminder can handle incoming calls, email and SMS messages, and process address book entries to create follow-up reminders.
You’re on a schedule. Your contacts are on a schedule as well, and maybe in a different time zone. With FollowUp Reminder, you’ll never have to worry about missed calls or overlapping events. The call-back reminder will be placed into a free slot on your schedule, and aligned to take your contact’s time zone and available hours into account. Best time to call can be specified for all contacts to make sure you’re not catching them off-guard.
- Store follow up reminders into BlackBerry Calendar or ToDo tasks
- 6 customizable reminder profiles
- FollowUp action dialog after call
- FollowUp action for email, sms, phone call and contact
- Smart time choice for the new event
- Every contact can have own timezone settings
- Every contact can have own business hours settings
- Auto detect time zone of contact by phone number
- Automatic time correction corresponding by contact business time
Freedom - Are you a BlackBerry addict? Freedom is a simple productivity application that locks you away from using the phone function or the internet on your BlackBerry. Freedom frees you from distractions, allowing you to have private time with your spouse, time to analyze, write or create. After the offline time is up, Freedom automatically restores all connections. You can choose the time: from a few minutes up to half a day.
Freedom restricts your connection to the outside world and a reboot is required if you want to get back online. The time taken to restart the handset and the frustration of waiting for the reboot means you are less likely to cheat, and you'll enjoy enhanced productivity. This product comes with a 30 day value back guarantee
- Gives you time to concentrate and focus.
- Fix Freedom time in minutes
- Cuts off any interruption from your BlackBerry: SMS, email, phone calls, Facebook, Twitter, Social Feeds, BBM, news, weather info, etc.
- Works with radio, WiFi, Bluetooth, GSM, CDMA, 3G, and more.
On sale for $2.99 from CrackBerry App Store
Cool In BlackBerry App World:
Snoop Alert -Catch those snoopy people going through your cell phone, searching for text messages, phone calls, and your private pictures. The Snoop Alert activates awesome custom alarms, voice messages (ex: "stay away from my phone"!), sirens or loud music. When the "snoop" tries to access your phone the alarm will sound and keep going until you enter a private password that you will create. Snoop Alert also has a "time stamp" feature which shows you the exact date and time the "snoop" was trying to access your phone.
SBSH Calendar Pro -I had a chance to review Calendar Pro, although I was already impressed, they have made some great additions to the app. These would include touch screen support and hierarchal tasks; which enables user to create project and then assign sub-tasks to it.
Turn your BlackBerry into a powerful time management system. Enjoy innovative and compelling tools far beyond the default BlackBerry tools that will help you manage your busy schedule. Advanced calendar views, dedicated tasks manager, powerful recurring items engine, category coloring and icons and much more!
Daily View Features:
- Today's events all on your screen
- Joint display for both appointments and tasks
- View alarm, private, note and recurring status icons for each of your items
- View category icons and colors for each item according to the selected categories
- Daily timeline display at the top of the screen. Timeline colored based on item's status (e.g. busy, tentative)
- View database color codes when using SBSH Calendar special support for working with multiple databases
- Customize text color based on item's status; Item display layout and much more!
Weekly View Features:
- Full week worth of agenda displayed in a single screen!
- Vertical bars layout showing your week's agenda. Each colored box represents an appointment. Empty grid indicate free hours where you can schedule new meetings
- Top gray bar include red-blocks to represent your daily tasks. Each block indicate a task due for this specific date, giving you a joint graphical preview of your appointments and tasks
- The Weekly View graphical representation helps you easily recognize free time slots in your busy agenda and schedule new appointments during these time slots
- Each colored block is colored based on appointment's status: busy, tentative, free or out of office
- Bottom Preview Pane displaying more details about the currently highlighted appointment box
Monthly View Features:
- Full month worth of agenda displayed in one screen!
- Optimized display that brings maximum information to your BlackBerry limited screen real estate
- Daily timelines with status colors showing your appointments for each day!
- Red boxes placed within each of the daily rectangles to indicate tasks due for each specific day
- Use BlackBerry joystick to easily move the highlight between the different days. Create new appointments and tasks for the currently highlighted day
- Bottom Quick View displays an overview of all appointments and tasks scheduled for the currently highlighted day
- Click any day to quickly load the selected day at the Daily view
Tasks View Features:
- Robust task manager tool embedded within SBSH Calendar! Manage all of your tasks in one solution using advanced tools designed especially for professional task management!
- Easily create new or complete/activate and edit your existing tasks from the Tasks view
- View status icons, category icons and priority icons for each task in the list
- Use the top Search Bar to easily search and locate specific tasks in the tasks list
Category Icons and Colours:
- Assign icons and colors to each of your categories. Category icons and colors are then used to enhance your agenda display throughout the different SBSH Calendar views
- Create edit and delete categories via the Category Manager in SBSH Calendar settings
- Choose category icons from a large icon store including professional category icons shipped as part of SBSH Calendar installation
Robust Information Manager Tool:
- Behind the great design and colored icons, SBSH Calendar offers the most powerful personal information manager up-to-date for the professional user
- Powerful recurring items engine that helps you manage and create recurring appointments of any type!
- Manage appointments and tasks from multiple database sources using and color-code items by their different source database
- Full robust task manager built-in as part of the same solution!
- View complete list of all attendees invited to meetings as part of your appointment display
- SBSH Calendar is designed to fulfill all time management needs of the busy professional!
We have 25 copies of SBSH Calendar Pro to give away! All you have to do is leave a comment to be entered. Winners will be announced next week. Now, for the 50 winners of Blurts Pro.
Until Next Week..
Well there you have it folks! I hope you enjoyed the apps we managed to corral this week. If you have any information on software (including news and tips), or if you are developer looking to be in the spotlight (or contest) let me know via email at email@example.com or on Twitter at twitter.com/ryanblundell.
Of course, we also have many more New BlackBerry Apps, Updated BlackBerry Apps and Free BlackBerry Apps available at ShopCrackBerry.com. Be sure to visit our software store for more great deals on BlackBerry Applications!