Building upon yesterday's OS4.6 feature enhancements news, the BG followed up today with confirmed final hardware specs on the BlackBerry 9000. Nothing too new to report here that hasn't been rumored before, but figured it's worthy of a post as I wanted to Pose a Question to the CrackBerry Community. It seems whether this new device gets released as strictly the 9000 or will be given a consumer market name like the CURVE or PEARL has to be determined.
What I want to know is, what you would name the new BlackBerry 9000?! I was thinking I'd give it a name like Earl or Duke or Betsy or Daisy...that would be sweet. Check out my BlackBerry...she's a Daisy. What's that gadget? It's the Duke of Smartphones. Maybe not. Leave your ideas in the comments... they HAVE to be better than mine.
Heck, let's turn it into a contest. Be the first person to leave a comment on this post with the name that the BlackBerry 9000 is ultimately released under (assuming it gets a REAL name and not just numbers) and we'll hook you up with a new case and standard bluetooth headset of your choice courtesy of ShopCrackBerry.com!
- Make sure that you're logged in or your entry won't count.
- Contest open until RIM actually makes their official Press Release.
- In the event the device gets released under the 9000 brand (no catchy word to go with it), we'll give the prizes out to the most creative answer.
Woah..got carried away with the contest...I almost forgot the topic of this post. Here are "final" specs for the BlackBerry 9000 (to hopefully be released along with a cooler name) as reported by BG:
- Radio - GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA
- Bands - Quad-band GPRS/EDGE: 800/850/1800/1900MHz
- HSDPA: 850/1900/2100MHz (praise the lord!)
- Expandable memory - microSD
- Display - HVGA Color LCD (480×320)
- TrackBall Navigation
- Camera - 2MP (Boo!)
- Wi-Fi - a,b,g
- Battery - 1500mAh
- High quality material, high-end finish
- Operating System Software - version 4.6
I love how "high quality materials and high-end finish" is a feature. I think that's the tell-tale sign that the info above is legit.
Don't forget to post your NAME suggestions in the comments!!!!
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.