If one were to go through BlackBerry World, no doubt you would come across several voice recording apps, but as we all know not all apps are created equal. Some apps offer the basics while others go above and beyond and exceed expectations and the latter is applicable here for Beyond Voice Recorder Plus. Bumblebee Computing first brought us their Beyond Voice Recorder for the PlayBook and BlackBerry 10, a simple voice recording application that came with distinct features not found in the native app. The most significant was waveform visualization so that you could see where to crop and edit recordings and now, they're at it again with their latest offering, Beyond Video Recorder Plus.
While it expands upon the capabilities of the former for advanced users, it is meant to be used as part of an audio suite. Users can record audio with the native Beyond Video Recorder and then use BVR+, built using Android but developed first for BlackBerry 10, for advanced audio editing. They chose Android because of the advanced audio editing library available to them. Therefore, people will get the best of both worlds using these applications in tandem with one another.
- Waveform visualization
- Full precision waveform analysis of the entire recording
- Clearly indicates amplitude (loudness) changes over time, ideal for identifying sections of interest - then zoom in to view more detail
- Facilitates easy selection for playback or export
- Pinch to zoom into recording segment of interest or zoom out with expand gesture
- Use swipe gestures to easily navigate through the visualization
- Selective playback - Playback only the part that is of most importance. This is great for business professionals recording a meeting and replaying parts of the meeting with key discussion points. This is also perfect for students recording lectures and going back to key concepts for review
- Selective export - Export selected segment into own m4a file. This is a huge time saver to only listen to the key parts of the recording and not have to waste time listening to other parts that are not important. This is also great for creating custom ring tones
- Advanced audio filters - Choice of one or a combination of these filters for the desired effect and export a new recording with effects applied: 3 band equalizer with 6 presets; Playback speed shifter; Pitch shifter; Echo effect; Reverb effect
- Battery efficient and great looking dark theme
- One tap record - Easy to use record that saves into space efficient m4a and mp3 format
- Input Level Indicator - Indicates the input level captured
- Delete and renaming of recordings can be done from within the app
- Recordings and exported segments are all available in the shared music folder, which can be easily copied to other media, set as ringtone, shared via email, instant messaging, NFC, etc, or accessed by other music players
As you can see BVR+ is a feature rich audio productivity tool that not only captures audio, but allows users to edit, crop, and filter/enhance the quality of the file while on the go. It's fast and easy to use, saves files in the mp3 or m4a format, lets you save to the SD Card, and offers some nice audio filters for reducing background noise. Beyond Voice Recorder Plus is currently on sale for $0.99 for BlackBerry 10.
Learn More / Purchase Beyond Voice Recorder Plus