When BES12 Cloud was announced at Mobile World Congress last year, it introduced an easy way to get a full suite of enterprise mobility management (EMM) capabilities, all through a simple browser interface and without complicated or expensive server installs. Since then, BlackBerry has been working hard to add on capabilities to BES12 Cloud, and the latest update to the services make it better than ever.
New features in BES12 Cloud
- BlackBerry Secure Connect Plus for Android for Work, Samsung KNOX Workspace, BlackBerry 10 and iOS9 devices – BlackBerry's trusted security model provides seamless and secure access to corporate resources behind the firewall, without needing a device VPN or opening multiple firewall ports.
- Support for Windows 10 and OS X devices – Administrators can make use of BES12's intuitive, single-screen interface to secure and control Windows 10 and OS X devices.
- More deployment options for Android – The ability to configure an Android for Work device with a single, work-only profile for corporate-liable devices. For Samsung KNOX Workspace users, User Privacy mode keeps user data separate and private from the employee workspace.
- Better integration with corporate assets – ActiveSync gatekeeping enables admins to integrate control of access to the Microsoft Exchange server with BES. Directory integration has been improved to support adding, removing and synchronizing groups of users and simplifying ongoing user management for admins. Also, BES12 Cloud now supports the deployment and management of custom developed applications that are not available in public app stores.
- Spanish localization – The admin console and end user self-service portals are now available in Spanish, in addition to the existing English, French, German and Japanese options.
A free 30 day trial of BES12 Cloud is offered and includes full access to the complete BES12 platform. You can check out the video below which will guide you through how to create an account and get started OR simply visit the BES12 Cloud site for more details.
Source: Inside BlackBerry
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.