The folks at BellShare, winner of CrackBerry's 2010 BlackBerry App Developer of the Year award, have released an update to their popular Google Reader client for BlackBerry, aptly named BerryReader. Version 1.1 brings with it a number of changes, which include:
- Added share via e-mail, Twitter and Facebook support
- Added new visual UI for swiping article headers to toggle read/star on touchscreen devices
- Now showing multiple article images inline, not just the first one
- New image viewer for full size image viewing, with option to zoom and pan (supports pinch-to-zoom on touchscreens)
- Added option to hide "all feeds"/"feeds not in folders" from feed selection popup
- Feed selection popup now shows feeds below folders
- Improved overall UI responsiveness
- Many bug fixes and other improvements
Overall it's a great list of improvements. I personally love BerryReader. I installed it when it first came out and have been using it religiously ever since. It stays fully synced to my Google Reader account and you can still read stories even when you don't have a network coverage. It's definitely a nice app to have, especially if you're on a non-BlackBerry 6 operating system.
Save 50% on BerryReader Today Only: BellShare has set up a 50% off coupon code for BerryReader. Use coupon code berryreader11 at checkout from our Mobile App Store or App Store Client and you can get it for $4.97 vs. it's regular $9.95 price. Make sure you're seeing the discounted price before you complete checkout and note that the coupon code only works from our on-device stores.
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.