If you're taking part in the BBM Music beta, you should be getting an email shortly, if you haven't already letting you know that BBM Music v220.127.116.11 is now available for download. The list of changes for this release is rather short but the list of known issues is rather large -- so at least RIM is letting you know what to look out for.
- Stop button in media player
- Buy button now checks for available music store if none is installed
- Improved performance: limit is raised to 200 contacts!!
- Many various bug fixes
- Missing focus - can't enter characters
- Can't enter any characters or delete on the search text field when the focus is on 'Shuffle' in All Songs
- Device in preview mode (blocked state customers will see on first install before entering payment info) can not add contact's songs to custom playlists
- Duplicate comments in timeline
- BBM music unable to connect to BBM
- Long delay while adding song to playlist
- Clicking email invitation URL does not launch BBM Music
- After a song is added to My Songs, a short clip plays instead of full songs
- Frequently unable to preview song over GPRS or EDGE
- Takes too long to save playlist info
- Built-In Memory option is shown for a device that does not have built-in memory
- Screen overlap while refreshing
- 'Can I Get A..’ by Jay-Z Does not have explicit content label
- Get an incorrect error message on second try of BBM invite
- Currently keeps messages of removed BBM Music contacts
- [Other] Input system error for filtering songs in a playlist on Stratus as well as any device using the virtual keyboard
The update is available now for most users, if you're not seeing it as of yet, then it'll be updated shortly so just sit tight and make sure when using it, you file feeback on any issues that arise -- given that it is a beta, RIM will need to be aware of the issues before they can ever be correct.
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.