When new features get added to BBM, BlackBerry seemingly rolls them out to iOS beta releases first for whatever reason and that appears to the case once again. A new BBM for iOS beta has arrived with plenty of bug fixes and some improvements to the timed message and message retraction features available through subscriptions.
What's New this Build?
- Edit Messages with the Timed Message and Message Retract Subscription! - Users can now retract, edit, and send a new message to replace a message that is accidentally sent. The original message is retracted immediately, and pasted into the input field for quick editing and sending!
- Submit Bug Reports from the Main Screen! - You can now report bugs from the left-menu on the main screen of BBM: Select Left-Menu from the Main Screen Select Report a Problem > Send Report by E-Mail > Fill-out all relevant fields.
Lots of Bug Fixes! Look forward to fixes for some of your most reported concerns:
- Truncated title and description after rotation
- Featured Channels' avatars displayed on top of bottom margin
- Navigation Bar Channel Avatar is wrong aspect ratio and squished
- BBM crashes or freezes when Callee answers and Caller hangs up almost at the same time
- Entering Arabic numbers as PIN won't work for 'Type a PIN to start a chat'
- Arabic layout for chat scrambles up when rotating screen
- Emoticons cover text when replacing text
- Right hand side menu does not update
- Dropbox attachment won't be displayed properly right after sending a Replace message
If you're beta testing BBM for iOS, you should see it available through Test Flight right now and don't forget, you can back up your current messages by going to BBM > Settings > Toggle Save Chat History ON > Click Back-up Now. Right now, it appears iOS is the only beta issued but if a BlackBerry 10, Windows Phone or Android beta comes along we'll update to the post to reflect those as well.