If you're looking for a glimpse into what's coming soon in BBM, the beta releases are the best spot to look and the latest has now hit the Google Play Store. Once again, we're seeing BBM Desktop being added plus they've gone ahead and increased group sizes to 300 members. If that's not enough, they've also added some improvements to make BBM video and calls better and a few other items.
- BBM Desktop: Extend your chat to desktop
- The more, the merrier! Group chat now supports up to 300 members!
- BBMoji is now accessible from the 'Me' tab
- On call screen notifies when callee is busy via message and tone
- Show off samples of your newly downloaded sticker on Feeds & Timeline
- Share any type of document faster via 1:1 and Group chat
As it is a beta release, you'd be forgiven for not hopping on this one right away and waiting it out to see if there are any showstoppers within but if you like to live on the wild side and have access to the beta program, go ahead and get this one downloaded. Also, keep in mind if you're using BBMoji, you also need to have the BBMoji app installed. Additionally, there's a new Official Channels section added, but it's only populated with a few regional channels right now. You can, however, add your own, though, I'm not really sure what would make them 'official' if you did.
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.