At the end of last year, I reviewed an interesting and exciting alternative to the BES Solution called AstraSync. The application offers OTA two-way synchronization of your contacts, calendar and email quickly and easily. A large number of servers are compatible with Exchange AstraSync, including; Open-Xchange, Google Sync, Gmail and CommuniGate Pro. AstraSync was recently updated to version 4.1, which offers some powerful features:
- Improved Performance and Responsiveness - AstraSync now carefully manages background tasks and processes to improve the responsiveness of the AstraSync user interface. Users can make their own adjustments using the new Performance Settings form under the AstraSync Options menu.
- New Storm Shortcut Bar - AstraSync now includes a touch screen Shortcut Bar on the message list and message viewer screens to improve ease of use for Storm owners. The Shortcut Bar provides quick access to common operations such as compose, file, reply and delete.
- New Exchange AutoDiscover - AstraSync now supports Exchange AutoDiscover. If configured for your server, AutoDiscover automatically detects the name of your server and helps to make the initial setup faster and simpler.
- New Pause Sync Option - You can now pause AstraSync in the middle of a sync operation. This is useful when synchronizing a large number of items or when the network connection is slow. This feature allows you to pause, continue other tasks and resume the sync later.
- New Create Contact From Email - You can now add a new contact to your device contacts directly from an open email message in AstraSync.
Existing users are automatically notified of this update. If you are looking to benefit from AstraSync, check out their website.
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.