“Well, I made the duck blue because I'd never seen a blue duck before and I wanted to see one.”
If you take a look back at our “What you may have missed this week” post from around Fathers Day, you can see the artwork my son drew for me. It’s amazing how those first few scribbles fill us with such pride; and sometimes confusion.
“I thought it was a car..”
“No, it’s a monkey.”
Then comes the colouring; some focus so intensely on staying within the lines, others colour as if the picture just exploded. Either way, they are works of art and very fridge worthy. Zeebu Mobile, developers of children apps such as BabyGO! and Peek-a-go, have come up with another activity to share on your BlackBerry; ArtGO! Coloring Lite. Your screen becomes a crayon canvas, allowing your child to colour a dinosaur, a butterfly, or go nuts on a blank page. ArtGO!, like other Zeebu apps, uses a keypad combination to block the younglings from accessing the rest of your BlackBerry.
ArtGO! Coloring Lite Features:
- automatically keeps your coloring inside the lines (this feature can be turned on or off)
- save your art to work on later
- send your drawings to a friend
- set your drawings as your device wallpaper
- Zeebu's locking mechanism can be enabled to keep little ones from getting out of the app
ArtGO! includes 6 different colours to choose from (ROYGBV), though it may be difficult for younger children to switch between them. Those using a BlackBerry with a trackball may find colouring a bit sluggish. To release the pint-sized Picasso within your kid, you can grab ArtGo!, for free, from BlackBerry App World.
- Pick up ArtGO! Coloring Lite for BlackBerry Smartphones >>