Although plenty of other KEYone owners have received the Android Oreo update already, the UK has lagged a bit behind. That has now changed, and KEYone owners in the UK have now started receiving firmware ABG366 over the air bringing Oreo to their devices.
How to update software on the BlackBerry KEYone
- From the homescreen, tap the launcher icon to enter the application grid.
- Under the Apps section scroll down to the Updates application.
- Tap Updates app to view current Build Number
- Manually check for updates by tapping Check for updates now text.
- Your device will prompt you with new updates or display your System is up to date
The updates do get rolled out based on your PRD, you can review that here or just check for updates and see if the download is there waiting for you. Plenty of folks in the forums have reported it as coming through, even though they haven't been prompted for the update, so best to just check. If you got the update, let us know in the comments or in the CrackBerry Forums.
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.