Looking for a new music alternative for your BlackBerry? How about trying out Amazon MP3? The new app launched today and allows users to browse, preview, download and store music as well as share with friends. If you're looking for an iTunes alternative, this may be the one for you. Features include:
- Download music via Wi-Fi or over the air (OTA)
- Browse by what's new, deals, top songs, top albums, genres, and sub genres
- Check back every day for the Free Song of the Day and Daily Deal album
- Preview a 30-second sample before you buy
- Tell friends about your favorites via BBM, email, SMS, Socials Feeds, Facebook, and Twitter
- Bookmark a song and come back to it whenever you're ready for a preview or download.
- Integrated with BlackBerry smartphone features and functions, including Universal Search and Media Library
Amazon MP3 is currently in beta and is available free in the BlackBerry App World test center. Currently the app is only available in the US. Full press release after the break. Hit the link below for more.
Music on the Move-RIM and Amazon Launch Amazon MP3 for BlackBerry Smartphones
New app makes the Amazon MP3 store a seamless multimedia experience on BlackBerry smartphones
WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Dec. 14, 2010) - Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM) and Amazon today launched Amazon MP3 for BlackBerry(R) smartphones in beta in the U.S. The new app gives BlackBerry smartphone users access to Amazon's entire music catalog of over 14 million songs for easy purchase and download.(i)
Amazon MP3 for BlackBerry smartphones lets users discover songs, artists and albums, then lets them buy and download tracks from Amazon with just a few clicks. The app also offers delivery options to suit all data plans, so tracks can be downloaded over Wi-Fi(R) or cellular networks. Users are able to easily share their latest musical finds with their friends by sending comments and links for specific tracks through BBM(TM) (BlackBerry(R) Messenger), email, SMS, Twitter and Facebook(R).
"Amazon MP3 for BlackBerry smartphones makes it fun and easy to get new music and we're thrilled to work with Amazon to bring this service to users," said Alistair Mitchell, Vice President, BBM Platform and Integrated Services. "Users can directly access Amazon MP3's massive catalogue to easily find, preview and buy music through the BlackBerry media player, and then share their thoughts with their social circle, giving them a uniquely BlackBerry experience that combines communications with multimedia."
Other key features of Amazon MP3 for BlackBerry smartphones include:
Music Discoverability - Browse the Amazon catalog by what's new, top
songs, top albums and genres; choose from over a million albums, and 14
million songs - all competitively priced and DRM free
- New Music Deals Everyday - Check back daily for a free song of the day
and daily album deals
- Bookmarks - Easily bookmark songs or albums for preview or to download
at a later time
- Gift Cards - Redeem promotional or Amazon gift card codes directly from
- Preview - Listen to a 30-second sample before buying
- Parental Control - Adjust the explicit content control settings
Amazon MP3 for BlackBerry smartphones is also integrated with the universal search feature on handsets running the new BlackBerry(R) 6 operating system. Users can simply start typing the title or artist from the home screen of their BlackBerry smartphone and Amazon MP3 will appear as a search option.
Amazon MP3 for BlackBerry smartphones is now available in beta for BlackBerry smartphone users in the U.S. on BlackBerry App World(TM) in the Test Center. For more information please visit www.blackberry.com/amazonmp3.