Once again it is fantastic to see that one of the largest IT corporations in the world is including the BlackBerry PlayBook in upcoming updates. Adobe Connect 9 web conferencing software is due for an upgrade in Q3 this year and as well as working on iOS and Android, us BlackBerry PlayBook users will also be able to join the gang. I can only presume that BlackBerry 10 will be supported too?
I have never taken part in a webinar, however the thought of doing it on the PlayBook kind of makes me want to do one (even though not really understanding it!). For business users on both a national and global scale the update sounds like great news. Bring it on!
Adobe Connect Mobile is already in BlackBerry App World for the PlayBook however I have never had the need to use it so I can't comment on its efficiency at present. Anyone want to invite me to test? Full press release below.
SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced Adobe® ConnectTM 9, the latest version of the company's Web conferencing software for enterprises and government agencies worldwide. Adobe Connect 9 delivers an all-in-one solution for producing webinars, as well as innovations in mobile-to-mobile collaboration and mobile learning.
Adobe Connect 9 for webinars helps marketers reduce costs and dependency on IT when creating richly formatted, branded registration landing pages, and optimize event promotion through analytics capabilities. Powered by Adobe CQ Web content management and Adobe SiteCatalyst® online analytics, Adobe Connect 9 enables the development of customized event microsites and emails, the delivery of interactive events for up to 1,500 participants, and the measurement of campaign and speaker effectiveness.
Along with the new Adobe Connect Mobile 2.0, Adobe Connect 9 also enables organizations to take their enterprise mobility strategy to the next level with mobile-to-mobile collaboration for tablets and smartphones. Users on Apple iOS, Android and BlackBerry PlayBook devices now have the flexibility and power to host and collaborate in online meetings just as they would on a desktop computer.
Additionally, Adobe Connect 9 for eLearning delivers greater mobile learning capabilities, enabling instructors to deliver virtual classes directly from devices and learners to participate from a tablet or smartphone. The latest version supports HTML5 content, such as that generated with Adobe Creative Suite® software, as well as SCORM 1.2 and 2004 content, widely used for Web-based learning.
Top new capabilities include:
- Customizable Event Landing Pages and Catalogs - Templates enable quick creation of landing pages, speaker information, registration pages and login pages. Templates can be customized using rich components, including images, tables, charts and carousels.
- Template-based Email Content and Triggers - Either standard or custom, email templates can be developed quickly and easily using new drag-and-drop capabilities. Email triggers can be created for specified registration groups at predefined times.
- Engagement Dashboard - Monitor event engagement in real time. A color-coded meter helps event hosts track message effectiveness. Critical information can be tracked to improve future events.
- Online Analytics - Event organizers can analyze participant engagement and identify the most effective meeting elements and topics. Dynamic analytics capabilities provide real-time insight into the performance of individual marketing promotions and programs as a whole.
- Advanced Mobile Support for Meetings and Training - Meeting hosts enjoy greater flexibility presenting from mobile devices, leveraging whiteboard and annotation tools and the ability to share documents from tablets, as well as the cloud. Instructors can manage virtual classrooms from devices with the same presenter and sharing options, as well as breakout room controls.
Arun Anantharaman, vice president and general manager, Adobe
"Web conferencing is now mainstream and mission-critical across enterprises and government agencies, with organizations counting on it for training, employee collaboration and citizen engagement. In parallel, the ability to collaborate from mobile devices is becoming an imperative. Adobe Connect 9 supports forward-looking organizations by offering a unified solution for rich webinars, eLearning, and Web meetings anytime, anywhere and on any device."
Melissa Webster, program vice president, Content & Digital Media Technologies, IDC
"With the rise of mobile and expectation to go beyond simple screen sharing, Web conferencing requirements have evolved notably for enterprises today. Adobe Connect has been used by organizations to improve communication and collaboration among employees, customers and constituents for several years. It is good to see Adobe respond to this ongoing evolution with the latest version, including through updates to its webinar solution."
Jana Kodel, development project manager, Mrs. Fields Famous Brands
"Adobe Connect 9 will save money and time when creating customized webinar landing pages with its rich, built-in microsite creation tools. In addition, the new templates in Adobe Connect will enable my in-house team to create engaging, branded content for each event. This is a big benefit because it improves recruitment and the overall experience for our attendees."
Brian McFadden, general manager, Technology Services, MedPoint Communications
"The advanced analytics in Adobe Connect 9 enable us to get actionable information in real-time. It is so important to customize reporting, especially when measuring webinar effectiveness. With Adobe Connect we can track from invitation to registration through attendance. With this information, we can easily improve participation, quality of sessions and lead management."
Adobe Connect 9 is expected to be available worldwide on an on-premise basis and begin rollout on a hosted basis in calendar Q3 2012.
Adobe Connect Mobile 2.0 for Apple iOS, Android and BlackBerry PlayBook is also expected to be available in calendar Q3 2012.
A new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a keyboard will arrive in 2021
A new joint announcement from BlackBerry, OnwardMobility, and FIH Mobile lays out the plans for a new 5G BlackBerry Android smartphone with a physical keyboard to be brought to market in North America, and Europe within the first half of 2021.