There is now a third party app for Yelp available for BlackBerry 10 which I've been trying out. If you are not familiar with Yelp it is essentially a search application for businesses/eating establishments etc - and this one works a treat.
Currently the searching options are only available in the UK, Ireland, U.S, Canada and Germany but fingers crossed it will roll out to further countries in the near future.
With a nice black user interface finding what you are looking for can't really get much easier. Just type in what you want in the search box and then either enter a location of touch the 'use current location' tab. You then have a further three options which are - Best Matched, Distance or Highest Rated. Once one of these are chosen just press the search icon and the list of results will be presented.
Selecting a result will not only provide you with the ability to phone them from the app, but as the address is also shown you can press that and BlackBerry Maps will open up and navigate you to the location. How cool is that?
And that pretty much sums it up. It does just what it says on the tin. As Yelp is free to download - if you are in one of the supported regions I'd recommend giving it a shot. You never know when it may come in handy.
Features of Yelp include:
- Search for businesses near you
- Select quick links to find nearby bars, restaurants, cafes and more
- Narrow your searches by price and what s open now
- Browse reviews to read what s great and not so great in your city
- Look up addresses and phone numbers for thousands of businesses, then call or map them from your BlackBerry