All I can say is WOW. Just when I thought things couldn't get any cooler than the latest generation of Plazmic-built BlackBerry themes along comes Dream Themes.
Just to be clear, Dream Themes are not *actually* themes in the traditional sense, rather they are an application you install onto your device which completely changes up your homescreen experience. With a tap of the End Call key you can exit your Dream Theme and return to your traditional homescreen, but after using the Mech theme for a couple of days I can't help but wonder why I would want to. What's cool about Dream Themes? Here are some of the finer points:
- dang good looks!
- dynamic scrolling icons
- multiple choice backgrounds - many of them animated
- multi-choice time of day and date settings
- icon placement and control (add, delete, change position)
- add application icons (from a choice of 32)
- add 'web icons' - icons that go to www.whatever.com etc.
- includes a 'background theme' (a normal BlackBerry theme) to match up application colors.
- includes a few ringtones to complete the customization.
And since the LiveScreens are built upon a proprietary, custom-built animation engine, they can take advantage of the full power of the BlackBerry. Future LiveScreens will have the ability to integrate specific live datafeeds and can be built to target the needs of specific brands and audiences.
Dream Themes sell for $9.99 and are available via DreamThemes.mobi. If you pick one up, be sure to let us know what you think in the comments!