On a daily basis I tend to juggle quite a few activities at once, which is why I use various to-do or note taking applications. Now we've featured Workahol before on the blogs and for good reason. Updated to version 3.0, this refresh brings a ton of new features and UI changes that only improves the experience and makes entering and sorting notes easier than before.
If you're not familiar with the application, it breaks down your to-do's amongst three categories to keep your organized throughout the day. It tracks your notes, monitors your expenses, and creates lists (and lets you tick them off individually as you perform them). Users may also add priority levels and share with friends. The update feature list is quite extensive so be sure to read through the list below and check out the video at the top for a quick rundown of just a few of them.
One of things I do love is the new interface and the ability to modify the theme from day to night, or from dark to light, and have it update automatically based on time of day. Going back to his theme developer days under the name BerryGlowDesigns, he always had an eye for detail and creating a perfect balance between form and function. I like how this translated into this refresh and how balanced the layout is.
- Full data backup/restore functionality.
- Manual theme mode: users can switch between day theme and night theme at any time.
- Automatic theme mode: the theme will change automatically depending on current time and date. Changing intervals auto adjust for short winter days and long summer days.
- Fresh new UI for most screens, enlarged certain touch areas for easier use.
- New, custom made context menu for quicker use.
- Swipe navigation between notes, lists and expenses.
- Added date field for expenses, expense sorting by date.
- Export expense to .csv file (viewable in Excel).
- Users can now also share a note/list/expense while editing it.
- Reimplemented active frames (for both themes).
- New splash screen and app icon.
- Further reduced the app's file size.
- Incremental lag when switching from editing screens back to the app's home screen.
- Context menu buttons also appearing in editing screens context menu for copy/paste.
- Plus other minor fixes.
Since our initial review the price reverted back to its original cost. However, for a limited time the developer is placing this application on sale for 50% off / $0.99 until the evening of September 30 for the new version. It supports the Q5, Q10, and Z10 and the developer offers top notch customer service support.