Selected by an independent panel of eleven judges, each of the winners in the seven categories may feel special, as they delivered innovation and excellence in one package, demonstrating the possibilities of the BlackBerry platform. This year, collaboration amongst application developers was also honored, proving that working together to further enhance the customer experience is a key and vital part of the development business as a whole. Now, let us meet the seven category winners!
- In the first category, Accelerating Innovation for Entrepreneurs (SME), Internalia Group takes the crown. "A digital signature application that allows workers to sign office documents remotely anytime, anywhere, without the need to install separate or specialized accessories on a BlackBerry® smartphone"
- Schad GmbH on the other hand, ups the ante in the Transforming Enterprise Business Performance (Large Enterprise) category; "Enables secure mobile access to Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) via a BlackBerry smartphone using public mobile networks."
- Delivering Service Excellence is CommuniTake Technologies Ltd, enabling technical experts to remotely control a BlackBerry smartphone through an Internet connection.
- Neosistec came up in the Driving Innovation in the Public Sector category, providing Cruz Roja (Spanish Red Cross) workers with a tool that keeps them connected with the central station, allowing the station to monitor the location and status of volunteers in real-time.
- In the fifth category, Life On BlackBerry, Interchange Group and BskyB delivered with an application that brings Sky Sports Football Centre to BlackBerry smartphones.
- Entertainment on BlackBerry? Better turn to Nobex Technologies, as their application allows users to listen to almost 7,000 radio stations from more than 100 countries around the world and see playlist information for over 2,700 stations.
- Last, but not least are Bighand and Rekoop, who Love Working Together. "Allows dictation time to be captured automatically. Rekoop works with BigHand and auto populates the time and narrative information."
But, what about you? Does the winner pack outlined above influence you as a consumer or developer in any way? To me - as a part-time application developer - this means the kind of developers I can look up to and learn from. I for one, am looking forward to the next Innovation Awards in 2011!