** Update: I JUST received my contest entry email from Rogers (too bad the link in it didn't work!). At least things are looking official. Have heard from several Rogers dealers today - the Bold showed up on Sales Central as the 9000R. Selling for $399.99 on a 3 year contract. Dealer price is $599.99. Off Contract prices are typically $50 to $100 over that, so let's hope $649.99 Off Contract holds true. **
I received this email from one of our Rogers' peeps... If you're a Canadian (not living in Quebec) here's the word on your chance to win a BlackBerry Bold. Sounds like you'll have to hurry though to get in for a chance to win (hopefully it's not too late):
Announcing a BlackBerry Bold Launch Customer Contest
In May, we posted a landing page on rogers.com (rogers.com/bold) to pre-promote the launch of the BlackBerry Bold. Customers were asked to provide their contact information in order to receive notification of the launch date and additional information about the device. The launch date is slated for August 21, with PR and Marketing Communications activities happening on August 19th.
17,000 leads were generated and in order to deliver on our commitment and further hype the launch we will send an e-mail to all customers on this list with the product announcement and details about an "Enter to Win a Bold" contest several days prior to the formal launch date.
Customers will have a chance to win 1 out of 10 BlackBerry Bold smartphones.
Methods of entry:
- Customers will receive an e-mail on August 19th, 2008 informing them of the Bold's launch date. Embedded in the e-mail is a link for customers to click on in order to fill out the online ballot/lead generation form.
- Customers will fill out the mandatory fields in order to be entered in the draw.
- One entry per e-mail address.
- Exclusions: Quebec residents are not eligible for contest. However, Quebec residents will still receive an e-mail to notify them of the Bold's launch date.
- This is an exclusive online contest/promotion
- Customers who filled out the form to be notified of the BlackBerry Bold and received an e-mail of the launch date/contest ballot are only eligible for the contest
- Contest ends September 30th, 2008